Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
The Accessibility Features of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 has gone beyond imagination, so far, the accessibility settings were mainly added to ensure the physically challenged people can use the iPhone without any issues. After a while, the iOS system gets overhauled set of features that no one has ever thought of that. Back Tap, Sound Recognition. FaceTime, Headphone Accommodation, etc are a few examples of new accessibility functions of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. This tutorial is all about what is sound recognition and how to use Sound Recognition in iPhone,
Sound Recognition is designed to detect nearby sounds such as Baby Crying, Water Flowing, Doorbell Ring, Sound of Cat, Siren Sound, and many more. Apple also mentioned that you should avoid using Sound Recognition in emergencies, while driving, or in any situation where your life at the stack, since it’s a technology we don’t know when stops working or loss accuracy. Largely, you can use this while at home, to keep track of your Baby, Cat, Doorbell Rings, and so on, that’ll do better.
How to Turn On Sound Recognition on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down to the Accessibility.
- Tap Sound Recognition.
- Toggle ON the Sound Recognition. You’ll see some lines referring that how this feature works, and when you shouldn’t use Sound Recognition for safety.
- Tap Sounds.
- They have categorized all the Sounds like Animals, Households, People, etc.
- Enable the option for which you want to use the Sound Recognition.
How to Add Sound Recognition into Control Center
Sound Recognition can be controlled from the Control Center, so whenever you feel, to disable it, no need to go through all the steps, just tap to disable and tap to enable.
- Navigate to the Settings App.
- Then, tap Control Center.
- Scroll down to the More Controls, and Add Sound Recognition.
- Once the Sound Recognition appears in the list of Control Center, and then use the three-lines next to the Sound Recognition to re-order it.
Watch Video get more iOS 14 Accessibility features
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.