Last Updated on Sep 15, 2021
Again Wi-Fi issues are started to occur in iPhone after the update has come, as I personally encountered in my iPhone X. the report of users have common issues like iPhone keeps saying that incorrect password or they are getting the unknown error while connecting to Wi-Fi or “Failed To Join WiFi Name”. But when they switch to their cellular data it is working perfectly. So here I will share with you that Why can’t I connect to WIFI even if the password is correct?
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Follow my help, Try to find the WiFi problem and solve your WiFi disconnecting and iPhone Dropped problem after that. These tricks work for your iPhone 11(Pro Max), iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8(8 Plus), iPhone 7(7 Plus), iPhone 6S(6S Plus), and Other iPhone and iPad Models.
Incorrect password while login apple ID: Try after Change WiFi or Use Cellular data, too many wrong attempts may be disabled Apple ID all time.
My iPhone Says “Incorrect Password” For Wi-Fi. Here’s Complete Fix!
Fix 1: Force Restart
A hard restart is a primary step to fix any small bug and we always try this before anything. It will reboot the system and maybe your bug will get fixed.
- Step 1: Press and release the volume up key.
- Step 2: Press and release the volume down key.
- Step 3: Now, hold the power button at least for some time until you see the Apple logo.
Fix 2: Restart Router & Reset Network Settings
Don’t use the Router’s Reset Button, The Best way to restart your Router is only Turn off the Power supply and Turn On again after 20 Seconds.
Most of the connectivity problems can be easily resolved by resetting the network settings. Which will reset all your caches and DHCP Settings of iPhone to its default settings? And those who are saying iPhone keeps saying that incorrect password they must try this solution.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” and tap on “General”.
- Step 2: Then Scroll to “Reset”, The Last option on your iPhone screen.
- Step 3: Now, tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Your iPhone will reboot once, You will not lose any data from your iPhone like Messages, Contacts, Photos or Apps and Data.
in iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, Follows bottom steps to Reset Network Settings,
- Go to the Settings app from your gadget home screen,
- next tap General,
- now scroll the screen up to the end tap Transfer or Reset iPhone (this setting has been renamed in iOS 15, instead of the Reset name in iOS 14),
- Now choose Reset
- Click on Reset network settings, again click on popup reset network settings to confirm.
Fix 3: Disable/ Enable Wi-Fi Networking Services
I know it is a weird solution but I have tried this one and also some of the users have mentioned in the forum that it is working. Using this way you can fix your iPhone Incorrect Wi-Fi Password pop up.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” and open “Privacy”.
- Step 2: Click on “Location & Services”.
- Step 3: Now, tap on “System Services”.
- Step 4: There turn off the Wi-Fi networking services.
Fix 4: Forgot Wi-Fi network
Those who are getting unknown errors like incorrect passwords in spite of the correct password Or randomly tells me my WiFi password is incorrect. They should try this one. Forget the Wi-Fi network and rejoin the network by entering the password.
- Step 1: In the Settings, open Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Choose your network and tap on the info (i) icon button next to the WiFi Name.
- Step 3: Now click on “Forget the Network”. That’s it.
- Next, Turn off the WiFi toggle and Turn on to Re-Join the same wifi after scan all the WiFi connections around you.
Now turn off the Wi-Fi and force close the window and again follow the same steps and re-join the network.
Fix 5: Set Custom DNS
Sometimes connectivity problems can arise by DNS server from your Internet Service Provider. So this can be solved by changing the DNS server to Google DNS.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” and open Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Tap on info icon of your Wi-Fi network.
- Step 3: Scroll down and enter 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 in DNS field.
Fix 6: Restore iPhone to its factory settings
If none of the above tips work for you then restore the iPhone to its factory settings. But before resetting the iPhone to its factory settings you must take back up of your iPhone.
- Step 1: Connect the iPhone to PC using a lightning cable to Mac or PC. Now open Finder for iPhone Restore/iTunes for iPhone Restore. (macOS High Sierra and Earlier macOS and Windows PC User can use iTunes Because on Latest macOS iTunes not available).
- Step 2: Then select your iPhone and tap on “Summary”.
- Step 3: On the main screen you will see Restore iPhone, click on it. Follow the on-screen instructions and Restore Backup (Move Back Data to iPhone) after installation complete.
This process will erase all the media and data from the iPhone and restore the latest version of iOS on your iPhone/iPad.
I hope you found the solution to fix iPhone or iPad that Says “Incorrect Password” Fails to Join the Wi-Fi network. That I fixed last time with my iPhone 12 Pro Max.