One of the reasons why I like the proximity sensor is, it saves enough battery of iPhone. So whenever you are on call, it will turn off the screen to prevent unnecessary power loss. And when you are done talking the screen will automatically wake up. Frequently, my proximity sensor of the iPhone XR started to ill-functioning and I don’t know how to deal with it.
In The Case of Proximity Sensor Problem With Your iPhone, You will have to Trouble With This Problem,
- Your iPhone Gets too hot during a normal call Because your iPhone screen continuously wakes up during a call or put your iPhone near to Face or Ear.
- Also, Your iPhone gets worried and miss behaving while you put in your pocket in the locked Screen iPhone screen.
- Proximity sensor not working sometimes because of internal software glitches.
- Your iPhone screen is not original, or During Replacement time, Screen is not Fitted by iPhone Repairer. Screen Protector is Cover up the Proximity sensor, See the below image, Where is the Proximity sensor on iPhone.
However, after a few trials and errors, I was able to fix iPhone XR proximity sensor issues. Talking about the reason why the proximity sensor not working on iPhone XR? the thing is I don’t know why this is happening it may be because of dust or dirt, hardware damage, or software bug. To rule out all the possibilities head over to the troubleshooting. Some people like this iPhone’s Proximity sensor is ugly because it’s too sensitive while they are on calling screen, Access Video app, Live Streaming, and Gaming. Unfortunately, Apple didn’t give the settings to change the iPhone Proximity sensor sensitivity.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
If Are you looking for the solution of your iPhone is not Wake up on Rising. Check out this Raise to Wake settings, Open Settings app on iPhone > Display & Brightness > Enable Raise to Wake. Move forward to the next solutions,
Fix 1: Clean the iPhone and Remove Screen Protector
→ One of the first things you should do is bring the soft piece of cloth and clean the display of the iPhone. In some cases, due to dust and dirt, the proximity sensor doesn’t work on the iPhone.
→ Also To remove the case or Flip cover and screen protector and gently clean the screen of the iPhone.
Where is Proximity Sensor Location on iPhone? iPhone XR, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone X/iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S/iPhone 6/6 Plus.
Fix 2: Force Restart Your iPhone
Cleaning iPhone display didn’t work, then there might be some system bug causing iPhone proximity sensor issues. A simple step to remove minor glitches is force restart iPhone. In seconds you will get to know what the exact problem is.
♦ iPhone X or Later (iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone XR/iPhone XS/iPhone XS Max, 11 Pro Max)
- Step #1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Step #2: Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Step #3: Hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Use the Side button to turn on your iPhone.
♦ For iPhone 6S/6S Plus and Earlier
Press and Hold side button and Home button at once until you see the Apple logo on the screen. Now Press the on the side button to turn on your iPhone.
Fix 3: Reset iPhone to Factory Settings
The above trick was meant to wipe the temporary files, but if you are unable to get rid of Proximity issues on iPhone, then try this one. When you Reset iPhone to factory settings, it will wipe the settings that you have made to default. Data like videos, photos. Other media etc remains secure. This solution will update your iPhone settings to the default value.
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “General”.
- Step #3: Scroll down and go to “Reset”.
- Step #4: Select “Reset All Settings”.
- Step #5: Enter the Passcode and let the device restarts.
Fix 4: Update Your iPhone Software
Apple regularly releases firmware updates for the iPhone in order to improve performance and reduce bugs. In case if you haven’t updated the iPhone to the latest iOS, then do it as early as possible. Make sure your iPhone is connected to a strong internet connection for smooth downloading of updates.
- Step #1: Navigate to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Hit “General”.
- Step #3: Swipe up to the last and tap “Software Update”.
- Step #4: Tap “Download & Install”, when you see any pending update. [latest software version is iOS 13.3.1 or later]
Once you follow all the troubleshooting tips given here, you can take the iPhone proximity sensor test on the call screen. Just make a call, and Head over your hand to your iPhone’s top front speaker. if the iPhone screen is wake automatically after Remove hand from the front of your iPhone. that means it’s fine and repaired.
Fix 5: Contact the Apple Support
If any of the above tricks didn’t fix the iPhone proximity sensor not working, then there are high chances of hardware damage. To make sure what the real issue is, you need to contact Apple technicians. Sometimes proximity sensor gets defected so it might be possible you have to get replaced from Apple.