Last Updated on Dec 4, 2020
It’s very common for iPhone to stuck in recovery mode, you cannot use the iPhone when it is stuck in recovery mode with iTunes on the Black Screen. The reason behind why iPhone or iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode can’t be tracked down, so the only option left for you is to try out the below steps and get it fixed.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
This article explains how to Fix iPhone 11, XR, X, 7, and all the other iPhones who are stuck in Recovery mode. Besides, you can try these tricks for the iPad too. Let me know which solution did trick for you.
Why iPhone, iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode? Fix
The iOS 12, and across the work, all the developers are using. Upgrading the iPhone is a bit risky there might be some complications arises because of your mistakes, and some of them are caused by Apple itself. Let’s resolve the iPhone Stuck on recovery mode after the iOS 12 update. But before you need to make sure that you have fulfilled all the below requirements prior to update iPhone to iOS 12. And they are also the reason behind your iPhone stuck on recovery after iOS 12 update.
- Check device compatibility – Here’s iOS 12 Compatible devices/iOS 14/13 Compatible devices.
- Check Storage available on iDevice
- You may have replaced the hardware part from the non-Apple store
Fix 1: Hard Restart iPhone
We will troubleshoot this issue with a very simple technique. It is possible that restarting the iOS device can fix your problem.
For iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, iPhone 8 Users
- Step #1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Step #2: Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Step #3: Hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Trick to force reboot For iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus users
Step #1: Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button and release it when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
For other iPhone 6S and earlier/iPad Air, iPad Pro, and Mini users
Step 1: Hold down the Power button and Home button together until the Apple logo arrives on screen.
Fix 2: Restore iPhone using PC
Try restoring iPhone using Mac/PC, when you do this, all the data will be removed and the iPhone will boot with a fresh iOS version. I presume you have back up, which later can be used to restore the data. Make sure to connect the Mac/PC to the stable internet connection to download the latest compatible firmware for your iPhone, iPad.
- Connect the iPhone, iPad to the Mac/PC.
- Use the original lightning cable to connect.
- macOS Catalina or later: Launch the Finder, and choose your device from the side pane.
- macOS Mojave or earlier and Windows 10: Open the iTunes and select the iPhone/iPad.
- From the main screen, click on Restore iPhone.
- Again click Restore and Update.
- Now the process to erase the iPhone, iPad will start, leave iPhone/iPad and PC until the latest software version is installed on your device.
Fix 3: Delete the Corrupted iOS Downloads
The computer stores certain temporary files and iOS downloads to boost up the restoring and updating process of the iPhone. What if those files are corrupted? Even after making dozens of attempts on the same computer won’t be helpful, delete the corrupted iOS downloads from PC and then restore the iPhone in recovery mode.
- If you are on Mac, then, launch the Finder.
- Click on the Go option in the top menu bar while holding the Option key.
- Choose Library.
- Find the iTunes folder and then go to iPhone Software Updates.
- Move the update files to the Trash.
For Windows PC,
This is only for reference, replace “ayush” with your PC’s name (C:\Users\ayush\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes). Alternatively, follow the stepwise guide as shown below.
- Go to the File Explorer.
- Enable Hidden files.
- Now, open the Primary Drive of your PC, usually, it is C Drive.
- Click Users.
- Click the folder with [your name/your PC administrator name].
- Go to AppData > Roaming.
- Next, click Apple Computer.
- Open iTunes and delete all the files.
Fix 4: Try Restoring iPhone on Alternate PC
Like I said in the above section, sometimes the PC can affect the process, therefore, without wasting more time, try to restore iPhone on alternate PC, see if this works, or else continue to the next procedure.
Fix 5: Put iPhone, iPad in DFU Mode to Restore
This is the last solution that you can try to fix the iPhone 11 Stuck on recovery mode, or any iPad, iPhone. The DFU mode makes the iPhone unresponsive, all you can see is a Black screen on iPhone, but it can be operated from the computer.
If you haven’t put the iPhone in DFU mode before, then don’t worry, you’ll get through it, after several attempts.
For iPhone 8 or later and iPad with Face ID
- Connect the iPhone, iPad to the computer, using a lightning cable.
- Launch Finder/iTunes.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Long press the Power button.
- When the iPhone screen goes black, immediately hold the Volume Down button while continue holding the Power button.
- After 5 seconds, leave the Power button, while continuing to hold the Volume Down button.
- Now if the computer detects the iPhone, iPad, then it is in DFU mode. Otherwise, follow the steps again until the computer recognizes your device.
- It will take a few minutes to download the firmware and later you can follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
For iPhone 7, 7Plus
- After connecting the iPhone to the PC using a lightning cable, launch the Finder/iTunes.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down button for 8 seconds.
- Then release the Power button only.
- When the iPhone screen goes black, and the computer shows the iPhone, that means it is in DFU mode.
- If the iPhone screen shows something, then follow the steps again.
For iPhone 6S or earlier
- Connect the iPhone to the PC using a cable.
- Launch iTunes or Finder.
- Press and hold the Power button & Home button for 8 seconds.
- Release the Power button, while keep holding the Home button.
- When the iPhone is in DFU mode, the screen will go black. If it doesn’t, then start with step 1.
Do you get Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode or facing any issue? Let me know in the comments our team will reply to you soon!
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏