Today the world is totally dependent on Wi-Fi, without Wi-Fi we are nothing. Wi-Fi brings great convenience to the users because we can’t get high speed in cellular data connection compared to Wi-Fi. What if you are transferring a huge file or downloading a file using Wi-Fi and iPhone Xs Max shows Wi-Fi error. Even spending this much money, you are helpless at that moment. is there a problem with WiFi hardware or Software? Let’s fix all the software related issues at glance. WiFi Dropping out and Disconnecting automatically, That’s the reason AirDrop not sharing File Between Apple Device.
We have made a list of potential solutions to fix iPhone Xs Max Wi-Fi not working. Have a look and calmly fix Wi-Fi issue.
Straight Fixes For WiFi Not Working on iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS
Solution 1: Check the Router
The first and foremost thing while using Wi-Fi on a Smartphone is to be in Wi-Fi range or else you will lose connection. Besides the password should be correct. Now if you are following both the factors, then you must restart your router, by removing the power adapter and then after few minutes reconnect it. Reboot the router and malfunctioning of the router will be fixed.
Solution 2: Disable and Enable Wi-Fi and Airplane mode
Disconnect the Wi-Fi from the settings or control center and check if iPhone Xs Max Wi-Fi issue is fixed or not. Still, Wi-Fi is not responding then turn on the Airplane mode and let your iPhone lose all the wireless signal for once and after few seconds disable Airplane mode too.
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone.
- Next, Find Airplane Mode option and Disable or Re-Enable.
Solution 3: Hard restart iPhone Xs Max
Now try to fix iPhone Xs Wi-Fi not connecting issue by a hard restart, sometimes it is helpful to resolve software related problems.
- Press and release Volume Up button.
- Press and release Volume Down button.
- Hold down Side key until you don’t see Apple logo on the screen.
Solution 4: Toggle off Wi-Fi Assist
Wi-Fi assist is a helpful feature that will disable Wi-Fi when the connection is poor and switch to Cellular data. In this, if you don’t have a cellular data plan, then you will be charged by the carrier. So let’s just turn off Wi-Fi Assist.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap “Cellular”.
- Scroll the screen till the end, and there you will see “Wi-Fi Assist”, disable it.
Solution 5: Forget Wi-Fi network
You are unable to connect to the Wi-Fi and screen showing you to enter the Wi-Fi password again and again then forgot the Wi-Fi network and then re-enter the Wi-Fi passcode and try to connect it.
- Launch “Settings” from Home Screen.
- Open “Wi-Fi”.
- Now, tap on (i) next to the Wi-Fi network where you will get the option to forget the network.
- Next, tap “Forget this Network”.
Disable & Enable WiFi, Now Turn on WiFi by Tap on the name of WiFi from the list.
Solution 6: Reset Network Settings
Resetting network settings in iPhone has been popular troubleshoot when the problem is related with network connections. So here also we will fix iPhone Xs Max Wi-Fi not working.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap “General” and then open “Reset”.
- Lastly, tap on “Reset Network Settings”.
Solution 7: Turn off Wi-Fi Networking under Location Services
I had seen people talking about this trick that if you disable Wi-Fi networking from the location services, then it might fix your Wi-Fi issue in iPhone. There is no harm in doing this solution. Here’s how to do it.
- Open “Privacy” from the “Settings”.
- Tap “Location Services”.
- Now, go to “System Services”.
- Next, disable “Wi-Fi Networking”.
Solution 8: Switch to Google DNS
Let’s change the DNS server and see if it works for you.
- Launch “Settings”.
- Open “Wi-Fi” and tap on (i) a Wi-Fi connection.
- Tap “Configure DNS”.
- Select “Manual” and remove the existing DNS server.
- Tap “Add Server” and enter 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11. This is a Google DNS server.
Solution 9: Update the iPhone
Updating the iPhone to the latest version will quickly fix each and every single bug of your iPhone.
- Open “General” followed by “Settings”.
- Tap on “Software Update”.
Solution 10: Restore the iPhone to its factory settings
None of the above tips help you to fix Wi-Fi issues in iPhone Xs Max then try this and remove all the bugs from your device by cleaning up your device. You must take a backup before restoring the iPhone.
- Download .ipsw file for your Model and Backup iPhone on iTunes.
- Now, Connect your iPhone to Latest Version of iTunes on Mac or PC.
- After that, Hard Reboot your iPhone XS Max or iPhone XS by Quickly Press and Release Volume up and Down button simultaneously and Only Press and Hold Side button at least 30+ seconds until you see the apple logo and Lightning cable on iPhone screen.
- iTunes will say your iPhone is in recovery mode. Now Click on Restore iPhone, Browser ipsw file and follow the on-screen instruction.
Once setup is complete use iTunes for Setup new iPhone to restore old Data from the latest backup.
Still Not Help!
We can visit near the apple store or Book appointment to fix the WiFi issues that may be hardware damage or more in free from apple support.
Hope your positive feedback will appear in the comment box. Also, like us on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus to know other people what to do while your iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR wifi problems not fixed anyhow.