Once again Apple has introduced features in iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max beyond imagination with the new dual sim feature. The iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will allow you to use a dual sim, but the situation is one sim is physical, and the other is digital which is named by Apple as eSim. Here we cover the No Service problem or Searching Network.. on Physical SIM or eSIM.
The iOS 12 and iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will make the perfect choice for this fall to buy a new smartphone.
But sometimes it is harassing people by networking issues like No Service in iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max. In this guide,
- 1 Techniques to fix iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Showing No Service
- 1.1 Solution 1: Force Reboot your iPhone
- 1.2 Solution 2: Contact Carrier about your Account [SIM or eSIM]
- 1.3 Solution 3: Update iPhone as well as Carrier Settings
- 1.4 Solution 4: Reset Network Settings
- 1.5 Solution 5: Remove the Sim, check for water damage and reinsert it
- 1.6 Solution 6: Check Time and Date
- 1.7 Solution 7: Disable and Enable the mobile data
- 1.8 Solution 8: Restore the iPhone to its factory settings
- 1.9 Related Posts:
Techniques to fix iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Showing No Service
Solution 1: Force Reboot your iPhone
Before trying any other solutions, we will start with the basic that is restarting the iPhone and giving a fresh start to it.
Step #1: Press and release the Volume Up button.
Step #2: Press and release the Volume Down button.
Step #3: Hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Now Tap on Side button to turn it on.
Solution 2: Contact Carrier about your Account [SIM or eSIM]
This is the case where due to customer irresponsibility the account is being disabled or canceled by the carrier. So first of all immediately contact your carrier and know the status of your account. If everything is perfect from your carrier side the read below tricks to fix iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max is showing No Service.
- Your Bill is overdue or Not paid, this is the most common problem.
- SIM might be Damaged
- Water inserted in SIM Tray
- eSIM issues: You must prefer carrier guide or help. All the Things are managed by Carrier in eSIM cases.
Solution 3: Update iPhone as well as Carrier Settings
As you know Apple first time launched iPhone with dual sim and it was much appreciated by us. So there are chances that iPhone system software or carrier settings are unstable because of some reasons. The best solution for this kind of problem is to update the iPhone along with carrier settings. Kindly keep in mind that if you are using both nano-sim as well as eSim then update the carrier settings for that particular sim that is showing no sim in your iPhone and even there is no harm in updating carrier settings of both Sim.
How to Update iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max iOS
Step #1: Go to “Settings”.
Step #2: Open “General” and tap on “Software Update”.
Step #3: Check for Updates and if any available then update your iPhone.
How to Update Carrier Settings
Step #1: Launch “Settings”.
Step #2: Tap “General” and then open “About”, Tap on Carrier to Check Network Settings Update.
Note: In case if you have inserted new Sim then you must have to download the carrier settings for that Sim.
Solution 4: Reset Network Settings
Resetting Network Settings will clear all the settings related to cellular and wifi and other network connections to default. So you have to enter the passcode of Wifi again, and iPhone Xs are showing no service will be gone.
- Go to “Settings” and open “General”.
- Next, tap “Reset” and then tap on “Reset Network Settings”.
- The device will reboot, and it will start working as usual.
Solution 5: Remove the Sim, check for water damage and reinsert it
There are chances that your iPhone has fallen on the floor or due to water damage the Sim is damaged or misplaced inside and so it is unable to catch the network. All you have to do is remove the physical Sim and Check for water damage and reinsert it. This type of problem will never ever occur in eSim as you know the reason. If its really because of water damage then you have to get repair your device.
Solution 6: Check Time and Date
Still, if you are unable to fix iPhone Xs Max showing no service then check the time and date of your iPhone. It also plays an essential role regarding carrier settings. The below procedure is to enable Set Automatically time and date.
Step #1: Go to “Settings”.
Step #2: Tap “General” and then tap on “Date & Time”.
Step #3: Toggle on “Set Automatically”.
Solution 7: Disable and Enable the mobile data
Disabling the cellular data results in fixing network related errors. So we would suggest you to try this trick also to fix iPhone Xs no showing service.
Step #1: Open “Settings”.
Step #2: Tap on “Cellular” and then disable “Cellular data”.
In, the same way you can enable Cellular data.
Solution 8: Restore the iPhone to its factory settings
> Don’t miss to take backup your iPhone to iTunes.
Ultimately this is our last option to get your network back in your iPhone. But before restoring the iPhone to its factory settings, you must take backup of your device otherwise you will lose all your precious data.
- Open iTunes on your Mac, Connect your iPhone to iTunes using lightning cable.
- Now, Hard reboot Your iPhone by Quickly press and release volume up button, Quickly press and release volume down button.
- Now only press and hold Side button until your iPhone show Lightning cable and iTunes logo on the screen.
- At the same time, iTunes will say that your iPhone is in recovery mode.
- Try to update or restore your iPhone.
- Update Option: Only Update iOS to the latest version.
- Restore Option: Erase all the data and install Download ipsw file to your iPhone.
- Use iTunes to set up new iPhone.
We hope, we are helping to fix your issues by knowing you possible reasons and suggestion that really help to fix This kind of error and problems [No Service or Searching networks in Top iPhone Status bar].