Last Updated on Nov 19, 2020
After spending thousands of bucks in iPhone XS Max, you should not face such irritating issues. Though, the speaker plays a very important role in the smartphone and without speaker iPhone is nothing. After analysis, we concluded that there are only two reasons why your iPhone XS Max speaker grayed out which are Hardware and Software issues.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
If your iPhone XS Max speaker is not working on phone calls, then you must try another app like Voice Memo to verify that speaker is working or not. If the speaker is still not working, then it must be a hardware problem, and you need to visit the Apple Store to get changed or repair the microphone. However, the iPhone appears to start this error all of a sudden then it might be possible software is causing trouble. Head over to fix iPhone XS Max speaker grayed out during phone calls.
Why my iPhone XS Max Speaker grayed out during a call? Solved Guide
Solution 1: Check that iPhone is not on silent mode
The very first thing you need to make sure that iPhone’s speaker is not on silent mode. If the device is on the silent mode, then most likely iPhone will not make any sound during calls or messages.
Solution 2: Make sure iPhone is not stuck on Headphone mode
This issue is most common among mobiles as well as laptops. It happens when we plug the headphone in the iPhone, and after removing, often iPhone still shows that headphone symbol. To verify, simply increase and decrease the volume in the iPhone and if you see Headphone, written beneath the bell icon, then your iPhone XS Max stuck on Headphone mode.
There is only one solution for this trouble, carefully once more plug and remove the Headphone from the iPhone and hopefully, it will work out for you.
Solution 3: Restart iPhone
Next, a conventional technique to fix iPhone XS Max speaker grayed out during calls is to give a fresh start to your iPhone. Since in my own experience I had fixed so many bugs and errors by a simple restart. Let’s try this,
- Step #1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Step #2: Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Step #3: Lastly, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Solution 4: Update iPhone
Keeping iPhone updated will update all the drivers, we call in computer language, and so speaker driver will be updated too. Hence if your iPhone XS Max loudspeaker grayed out during calls then try to update your iPhone.
- Step #1: Launch “Settings” apps.
- Step #2: Tap “General.”
- Step #3: Select “Software Update.”
- Step #4: If you see any update available, then tap “Download and Install.”
Solution 5: Restore iPhone using Recovery Mode
Yet iPhone XS Max speaker is grayed out during phone calls? Then the last option is to wipe out the iPhone, which is a bit awful decision. Because it takes a long process to set up the iPhone.
NOTE: Make sure to take backup of the device.
- Step #1: Firstly, update the iTunes on your PC.
- Step #2: Connect the iPhone XS Max to PC or Mac.
- Step #3: Now, press and release the Volume Up button.
- Step #4: Press and release the Volume Down button.
- Step #5: Hold down the Power button until you see connect to iPhone screen on your device.
- Step #6: Then, on your iTunes’s screen you will get two different options, “Restore” and “Update.”
- Step #7: Select “Restore.”
- Step #8: To take the exit from the recovery mode, disconnect iPhone from PC and press the Power button to boot up the device.