Last Updated on Apr 2, 2021
Quickly change typing keyboard on the Mac desktop helps in Type and use Different languages in Textedit, Browsing, and Other documentation. But the recent macOS internal software glitch won’t switch language on Mac with M1 Chip Macbook.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Here are the temporary solutions to get out of this problem. and will be fixed in the next macOS update. So keep checking MacOS Update on your Mac.
Fix: Language Switching Not Working on Mac
- Make sure, A New Languages are enabled on your Mac System, Go to Apple Logo from the top Mac Menu > System Preferences > Keyboard > Click on the Plus sign to add another language and add.
Now change Mac Typing Language using Shortcut or From top Mac menu, Using the following solutions.
Solution 1: Change Default Language Change Keyboard Shortcut on Mac
Some mac users reported default Keyboard Shortcut [Option-Control-Space bar] for change Mac Typing language not working. to change it, follow the below steps,
- Go to the apple logo from the top Mac menu.
- Next, Click on the System Preferences option.
- Then, Click on Keyboard > Select Shortcuts Tab.
- Select Input Source > and Check mark “Next Source input menu” then, Click on Shortcuts and apply another Shortcuts as you type on your Keyboard. you can use and Set “Shift-Option-Space Bar” Shortcut and check it works.
- Or if you set something wrong then Click on Restore Default and try Default Keyboard Shortcut [Option-Control-Space bar]. hope it will change.
Use Control-Space Bar key on Mac Keyboard continuously to change, Input language on Mac.
Solution 2: Manually Change Language Switching on Mac
Apart from keyboard shortcuts, Use can switch Keyboard from the top Mac menu. Just show this icon on the menu and click to change another language that enabled on your Mac system.
- Click on the Apple logo from the top Mac menu.
- Open System Preferences option > Keyboard.
- Click on Input Source Tab > and Select Checkbox option “Show Input Menu in Menu Bar“.
- Go to Mac Menu and Click on the Language icon “Recently added as you enabled from the Mac settings”, and Select the Language that you want to switch in.
Solution 3: Restart M1 MacBook [Like Reset SMC/NVRAM]
Restart your M1 Mac is also working, the M1 Silicon chip Macbook computer doesn’t need to Reset SMC and NVRAM Data. just Restart the system will work for that.
Stay connected with us and get updated tips on your Mac typing issues and tricks that work like charm.