Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
On your Mac runs on Dual OS (Windows and OS X) using BootCamp assistance, For the newbie not easy to jump/ Switch/ Move windows 7 to OS X in Mac or From OS X to Windows 7, Windows 8. That I have personal experience But don’t be panic it’s so easy by going through below guide given in this article. After installing windows 7 on Mac OS X using Bootcamp, You never find the option to move in OS X Drive partition. So can’t run OS X on Mac directly, Because Default OS is set as windows. Here you have to alternate option for Move windows 7 to OS X in Mac (Yosemite or Mavericks).
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Want you try best Mac Data recovery software to recover lost data.
Ways to Move Windows 7 to OS X in Mac and From OS X to Windows 7/8 Directly
Switch Windows 7 to Mac OS X: iMac, MacBook, MacMini
Note: Verify first you must have to install Bootcamp setup correctly after setup windows 7 from a USB drive. USB Drive: WININSTALL > BootCamp > Setup
- Step 1: From the Bottom hidden icon, click on Boot camp icon (Black square vertical angle icon).
- Step 2: Then, Click on “Restart in OS X..”, Your desktop will be restart and you automatically moved in OS X environment.
Note: If you didn’t font Bootcamp icon verify first installed correctly or not from search Boot Camp from start menu search.
2nd way: Using Bootcamp Control panel
- Step 1: Type BootCamp in the search menu and Run it.
- Step 2: From the windows, you can see the option for OS X, Select it and apply.
Switch Mac OS X to Windows 7: iMac, MacBook, MacMini
1st Way: Using System Preference: Without Third-party software
- Step 1: Go to the Apple menu, from top, and Next Click on System preference.
- Step 2: Next, Click on Startup Disk.
Choose BootCamp windows and Click on restart.
- Step 1: Go here and Download boot camp – Free,
- Step 2: Run Bootchamap and allow for open. Then see in Top Menu Bar, Placed BootChamp icon present given in below link
- Step 3: Choose “Restart into Windows”.
- Step 4: Enter the system password for authorization and move OS X Yosemite and Mavericks to Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Decide to move OS X or Windows OS At the Restart time,
And For Windows keyboard- Press and Hold Alt key.
Here all the possible way on Move windows 7 to OS X in Mac and OS X to Windows partition for your iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, Retina, and MacMini. Want other related troubleshooting guides on related tips please share on the comment box.