AirPods is one of the remarkable inventions by Apple. With the launch of AirPods, most of the Apple fans are giving priority to this wireless device compared to other costly headphones. AirPods let you make and receive calls, allows you to listen to music, and most importantly you can access Siri from AirPods. However, if you are using AirPods with Android or any non-Apple product then you might not be able to access these features.
Recently AirPods users have reported the AirPods connected but no sound on iPhone. In short, AirPods stopped playing music on iPhone, now what should be done to fix the sound issues of AirPods? If you are having the same AirPods connected but no sound issue on iPhone, then continue to read the article and fix it.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Guide- Why are my AirPods connected but no sound?
- Did you check the battery level of AirPods? Because the smooth functioning of AirPods requires the AirPods to be charged. Make sure AirPods are correctly placed in the charging case and leave them in to charge for an hour or two.
- Which device are you using with AirPods, iPhone, iPad or Mac or any Android phone? I hope you know the procedure to force restart the phone on which AirPods are connected but there is no sound.
Solution #1: Restart Paired device and turn off Automatic Ear Detection
Restart your Paired device, for example, Apple iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, Google Android, Windows 10 device, etc. and then re-try again to pair. I hope this will fix your Airpods sound issues.
Turn off the Automatic Ear Detection option on your iPhone or iPad. See if that works to fix AirPods connected but no sound. This trick sounds weird to fix Airpods audio cutting out, but try it once, it might fix the problem.
- Open the Settings app on your smartphone or Mac and PC computer.
- Click on Bluetooth setting
- Choose AirPods
- Now turn the toggle Automatic Ear Detection OFF/white.
Solution #2: Clean the AirPods [Sound Blocked]
After using AirPods for quite a time, they usually covered up with dirt and debris. However, it won’t happen, if you keep them clean and maintain regularly. Even a small piece of dirt can prevent AirPods from charging and you will face the same error AirPods are randomly cutting out. How do you clean AirPods or what is the correct way to clean AirPods? First of all, you need to be very careful while cleaning the AirPods, as any hard or wrong movement could damage the AirPods. It is advisable to use a soft object to clean the AirPods safely. You may prefer our video tutorial on How to Clean AirPods.
Solution #3: Remove Music Volume Level Limit & Audio Balance
Another thing to be covered when your AirPods are connected but no sound then disconnect is to make sure AirPods volume is not too low to be heard. iOS devices have an option that lets you control the volume limit on the Music app. By default, the Volume Limit feature is off, in case if anyone has mistakenly turned on, then disable it.
- Settings app > Music app > Turn off Volume [That means Put volume limit on a slider to Maximum]
- Settings App on iPhone > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Balance Left or Right. [Keep Slide position on center to pass equal sound on both left and right Airpod]
Solution #4: Update the Devices
Also, it is necessary to keep your devices updated especially when you are using Apple devices. Generally, if Apple releases any update for AirPods, then it automatically gets updated when the paired iPhone or iPad is connected with Wi-Fi. So, now you have to check the iPhone for updates if any pending update is available for iPhone then make sure to update it.
- Settings app > General > Software Update.
Solution #5: Make sure iDevice is connected to AirPods
Many users tend to pair their phones with an external speaker, Bluetooth headphones, etc. Later these connections bring issues when you try to connect AirPods to iPhone. I would suggest you disconnect the iPhone from any other headphone or external speaker and only pair the AirPods to the iPhone. Go to the Bluetooth menu in the Settings app and make sure the iPhone is connected to AirPods.
Solution #6: Resettings & Reconnect AirPods
When AirPods connected but no sound on Spotify, it becomes a particular app issue so you should reconnect AirPods. Just like we reset settings on the iPhone, this time we will reset AirPods and connect to the iPhone. Here’s how to reset AirPods,
- Put the AirPods in the case.
- Close the lid of the Charging case.
- Now, open the lid.
- Press and hold the backside button of the charging case until the light flashes amber and white.
- Settings app > Bluetooth. Tap on info next to AirPods and then on Forget This Device.
This will un-pair the AirPods from iPhone, now you have to pair them like before. This is the complete guide on How to Pair AirPods to iPhone/iPad
Solution #7: Hard Reboot Your Device
Something is stuck and Runtime Software Glitch creates the problem on increase Volume on Airpod Either Left or Right. And Unable to increase or Change from your Paired iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch or Mac. hard reboot your Paired device is a formal solution. and Feel expected to work after a hard reboot.
- iPhone [No Home button]: Quickly Press and Release Volume up and Volume Down button, Then only press and hold side button only. until your iPhone see the apple logo on a black screen. Wait for 15 seconds and turn on by holding the side button only. Home button iPhone 7/7+, 6S/6S Plus users can use Volume Up or Down and Side button only. iPhone 6/6+ user can use the Side button and Home button.
- Mac User can: Apple Logo > Shut Down.
- Apple Watch: Press and Hold Digital Crown button and Side button until the Apple logo appears on the Apple watch screen. Now Turn on back using the side button of the apple watch only.
Solution #8: Update Your Airpods Firmware to Fix Airpods low volume issues
To keep your AirPods sound tip-top, then your AirPods run with the latest software that is highly required. Kindly watch my bottom video tutorial to make your Apple wireless earbuds firmware version updated.
Fix AirPods Connected But No Sound on MacBook Pro
Sometimes AirPods connection is bugged by temporary cache files or latest firmware updates. However, it is a minor issue that can be eliminated by performing normal troubleshooting.
- So if your AirPods are connected but no sound on MacBook Pro, let us try to fix it by disconnecting and reconnecting to MacBook Pro and other alternatives.
Go to System Preferences of MacBook Pro and click Bluetooth. At first Turn Off Bluetooth and Turn On Bluetooth and hover mouse to the AirPods and click on X. Now, put the AirPods in the charging case and open the lid, next press and hold the back button until an amber light flashes white. Now check on MacBook, AirPods will appear in Bluetooth screen, click to Connect.
2. The very next settings to be checked is the audio balance of AirPods, if Left AirPods Volume is Low or Right AirPod is louder than another, then the audio balance is necessary.
Open the System Preferences > Sound > Output tab > select AirPods and adjust the Balance slider. Also, make sure the Output volume is set to high. Moreover, if everything is already perfect then drag the Volume slider twice or thrice low to high and vice versa, this tip worked for me as well.
Fix AirPods Connected But No Sound Windows 10
When AirPods Pro or AirPods are connected but no sound on Windows 10, you may need to configure and tweak few settings of your Windows 10 PC. Follow the step in the sequence.
- Set AirPods as default playback for Windows 10, Search Sound located in the Settings. Click on the Output tab and select AirPods that are currently connected to Windows PC. Set AirPods as the default player for your PC. Another way to choose AirPods as a playback device is to click on Sound icon and select AirPods.
- Alternatively, click on the Sound icon at the taskbar and make sure the volume is high.
- Make sure Bluetooth Support in Windows 10 is ON, Go to Services (search for Services) and find Bluetooth Support Services. Set the Startup type to Automatic and click Start.
- Still, if AirPods connected but no sound on Windows 10 PC, then update the Bluetooth Driver manually. Visit the official website of your PC/Laptop and enter the model number to download the Bluetooth Driver or search for Device Manager and Right-click on Bluetooth and Update it.
Fix AirPods Connected But No Sound Chromebook
If AirPods are not working with Chromebook or no sound AirPods on Chromebook, you might be making some mistakes while connecting AirPods to Chromebook.
Premium Support is Free Now
- Did you update the Chromebook to the latest firmware? If no, then open the Settings > Check for updates and update the ChromeOS to the latest version. I’ve written these steps of the Samsung Chromebook as an example.
- Check the Sound Levels on your Chromebook from the taskbar.
- Next to the Sound icon, select your AirPods as Output Sound.
- Disconnect and reconnect AirPods.