Table of Contents Show
Notify When Left Behind not working for Items, Apple Watch, or other compatible devices? No worries, this article will show you the best solutions to fix Notify When Left Behind, not sending notifications on iPhone. This is one of the exclusive features that connect the Apple devices like Apple Watch, iPhone, Mac, and iPad and keeps them in harmony. For instance, if you’ve set up Notify When Left Behind Alerts for Apple Watch and forget to carry the Apple Watch, the iPhone will remind you to and give complete details like ETA to reach Apple Watch’s location, directions, and more. It can be set up and use for one and more devices.
Most importantly, to use Notify When Left Behind, the devices should be up to date with the latest software like iOS 15 or newer, iPadOS 15 or newer, macOS 12 or newer, watchOS 8 or newer. All the Apple devices for which you’re using this feature are signed in with the same Apple ID; these are few basic requirements to get hands-on with this beautiful add-on.
Fix Notify When Left Behind Not Working on iPhone, Apple Watch
Supported iOS, WatchOS and MacOS
To use this feature your Apple Watch Updated with WatchOS 8 or later, Your iPhone Updated with iOS 15 or later, iPad Updated with iPadOS 15 or later, and Mac Running on MacOS Monterey or later [You will get Notification on iPhone and Apple Watch, Don’t on Mac].
Enable Notify when Left Behind from,
- Apple Watch’s Find Items app
- iPhone’s Find My App
- Mac’s Find My App
Let’s check where to enable this option on a specific apple device..?
Re-Enable Notify when Left Behind
Our very first advice would be to disable and re-enable the function. Sometimes, due to minor bugs, it stops working randomly. However, here are the steps to disable and enable the Notify When Left Behind on iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Open the Find My App on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Devices tab on the lower screen.
- Choose your device from which you wish to receive the Notify when Left-Behind Alerts.
- You’ll see the location and whereabouts of the device you’ve selected.
- Swipe down and tap on Notify When Left Behind.
- Disable Notify When Left Behind toggle.
- Tap Done.
Now follow the same steps, and enable the Notify When Left Behind Notification for the device.
Similarly, if you’re using Apple Watch too for the Notify When Left Behind purpose, then here’s how to disable and re-enable it.
- Unlock the Apple Watch.
- Go to Find Items App.
- Select the device.
- Scroll down to Notify When Left Behind and disable it.
- Re-enable it after few minutes.
On Mac: Enable Left Behind items
Just like iPhone and Apple Watch, Mac users can also Enable the left Behind items option from find my app. also Manage Trusted Locations for Correct Left Behind locations notification. here I added two locations, so we can also add more.
- Open Find My App on your Mac.
- See the items Tab > Click on items and see location on Map, Now, Click on (I) button to see more info.
- On More info popup, See Option for Notify on Left Behind items, Tap on it.
- Enable “Notify when Left Behind” toggle, and Manage Location by Removing old or add more locations with the option “Add new location“.
Use Map or Drag pin to correct the location in Find My app. These changes will reflect on your all apple devices.
Update or Re-Add Locations
Also, have you added any Locations to not receive the alerts when you’re at that location? If that’s the case and you’ve added the incorrect location but are expecting to receive the Notify When Left Behind alerts, then it won’t flash on iPhone. Make sure to remove all the locations and re-add them.
- Go to the Find My App.
- Tap on the Devices tab.
- Select the device.
- Now under Notifications, tap on Notify When Left Behind option.
- Remove the existing address from NOTIFY ME, EXCEPT AT: tap on the red minus button to remove it.
- And Add a New Location or Change Trusted Location “New Location” Option.
- That’s it.
On Apple Watch:
- Open the Find Items App.
- Select the device.
- Scroll down to EXCEPT AT: and tap the Remove button.
- When asked, confirm Remove.
Once you remove the existing location from the Find My App and Find Items App on iPhone and Apple Watch, respectively, re-add the location from the same window if you want.
To re-add location or new location,
- Go to the Find My app on iPhone.
- Make sure the Devices tab is selected.
- From the list of devices, choose the device for which you want to make changes.
- Tap on Notify When Left Behind option.
- Under NOTIFY ME, EXCEPT AT, tap on the New Location option, you’ll be redirected to the Map; confirm the location from there.
In Apple Watch,
- Go to the Find Items App on Apple Watch.
- Choose the device.
- Scroll down and Add New Location. or Your Change from iPhone automatically updates or Reflect with your Paired apple watch that’s signed in with the same apple id.
Ensure Do Not Disturb is Turned Off & Focus
When Do Not Disturb mode is enabled, of course, all the alerts will be stopped, including Notify When Left Behind. All of a sudden, when your iPhone stops sending Notify When Left Behind notifications, make sure the Do Not Disturb mode on your iPhone is disabled.
- Open the Control Center and tap on the Do Not Disturb button to disable it.
- Similarly, in your Apple Watch, go to Control Center and disable the Do Not Disturb mode.
Turn off Focus: Focus is a Custom DND setup [See all about Apple Focus], to avoid different levels of interruption while you are doing work.
Signed in With Same Apple ID
All of the apple devices must be signed in with the same Apple ID, For Example, You can track and Enable the Option “Notify When Left Behind” for Apple AirTag, Apple Watch on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac app.
Keep your All apple Device updated with the latest OS and Get a new apple feature with New apps and settings. Now, Don’t forget or Loss any device that’s attached with your Valuables and Keys. also your apple watch. If you want more help from apple support then here’s the way to connect to apple genius bar via Phone, Email, or Chat.