Outbox is a great interface in the Mail app that works commonly between all mail accounts. In case you want sent mail from your iPhone/ iPad Mail app, unfortunately, your mail sent from your device on request by you, not delivered successfully due to server error and it fails. Now failed message not available in Draft, Sent box. So it will automatically save in the Outbox section of the mail app as a backup. From there you can learn what to do on Outbox Mail stuck then re-sent it and save big time.
Normally Outbox option not available but when any mail fails, then it will show up Outbox mail section.
Fix Outbox Mail Stuck on iPhone, iPad
Mostly this case happens on sent mail with large attachment files (Zip files, Folders, or Video).
Follow This Sequence to Remove Stuck Mail from Outbox on iPhone
- Turn On Airplane Mode (open Settings app > Toggle ON Airplane mode).
- Now, go to the Mail App and open the Outbox.
- Remove the Mail from the Outbox, swipe the mail from left to right, and tap Delete.
- Delete the Stuck Mails from the Outbox one by one.
- Turn Off the Airplane Mode.
- Force Restart the iPhone:
- For iPhone 8 Or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, press and quickly release the Volume Down button and then press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo displays.
- For iPhone 7/7Plus: Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- For iPhone 6S or earlier: Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
#1. Close the Mail app process completely through multitasking features, Re-Launch Mail app > Outbox > Retry again.
#2. Restart your iPhone/ iPad (Press Sleep/ Wake button until Slide to power off option appear on screen). Or Force Restart (Press Sleep/ Wake + Home button at once for 10 seconds).
#3. Next, Under Outbox From tap on Edit button on top right cover > Trash All.
Confirm with trash all.
#4. Remove all Mail Account, or Selected Mail account for that mail bounce problem occurred. And mail goes to Outbox.
#5. Still has a problem Mail goes to Outbox and Outbox Mail stuck, Contact your Mail service provider or hosting support for the proper configuration on iOS device. (Mail Server not propagating connection for outgoing server).
Most of the case Restart Mail app or iPhone/iPad work expectedly.
You might also like: Cannot send Mail, Connection to the outgoing server.
That’s it guys, have you any alternate solution on Outbox Mail stuck or freeze after sent from iPhone/ iPad Mail app. Also touch with us on social pages Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.