“The Pokémon Go is one of the fastest-growing augmented reality Games across millions of apps on the Apple App Store. Due to large numbers of downloads in less time, the Niantic-developed game has server overload error, bugs, and battery drain Pokémon go. We have found Pokémon Go crashes on iPhone after the iOS update. Unfortunately, the game has no magic or hidden button to resolve random crashes. Even though we followed several clues through that, we continue our game.
So if you’re one of them and looking for the best solutions to fix an issue, let’s try the following steps. I hope this resolves your problem and starts the game smoothly.
Alternate ways to fix Pokémon Go Crashes on iPhone, iPad
Solution #1. Check for iPhone Compatibility
Not all iPhone supports Pokemon Go; the system requirements for Pokemon Go are listed below. If your iPhone meets all the requirements, move forward to the next troubleshooting.
- iPhone 5S or Later
- iOS 10 or Later
- Location Services must be enabled
- iPhone should not be jailbroken
- Pokemon Go game crashes on open time due to installing Beta iOS (Possible to downgrade to iOS 16 or sub-update – watch the video process at the bottom of the article) after the update iOS Beta Pokemon go crashes all the time.
- Pokemon go crashes on Niantic screen, pokémon go crashes on Niantic screen 2023, pokémon Go crashes on startup ios 2023
- That’s a bug right now; report it in the Feedback app.
Pro Tip by Redditor
One of the Redditors has discovered a trick to fix the crashing and lagging of Pokemon Go on iPhone and iPad. Changing the Region of the iOS device fixes the Pokemon Go; we don’t know how but it did fix this problem of many victims.
iOS 14 or Newer
- Open App Store on the iPhone.
- Tap on the Profile icon at the top right corner of the screen, then Tap on Apple ID Profile name.
- Select Country/Region option, If you have any active Apple Music subscription then first deactivate it, otherwise move to the next step, Settings > Profile name > Tap on Subscriptions > Tap on Active Subscription and Cancel subscription.
- Select Country and enter the correct details that match the Geolocation, Like City/Area Pincode with the name or Mobile number. [You can get location and mobile number on the internet for temporary use].
Solution #2: Update Pokemon Go & iPhone Software
If the Pokemon Go’s server is not down and compatible with iPhone, then the next thing you should be doing is updating the Pokemon Go if already not. Alongside, update the iPhone too.
To Update iOS Devices,
- Go to the Settings
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update. [Latest available software is iOS 16.6]
Download and install the update if available
Now launch Pokémon Go and get started to play on your iPhone and enjoy the go at the perfect location.
watch the video to update Pokemon Go on your iPhone
Solution #2. Force quit the app and launch Pokémon Go again
Step #1. On the home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the display to access app switcher screen.
Step #2. Now swipe right or left to find the Pokemon Go game you want to close.
Step #3. Now Swipe the Pokémon Go card upside to force quit.
Re-launch again and keep continuing. However, it may be panic about what we can do in front of the head of this bug.
In addition, take visit of the Pokémon Go issue page to know all about it.
Solution #3: Reduce Motion on iPhone
Using the Reduce Motion function on the iPhone, you can easily control the graphics of the device. Although, games like this demand high graphics for smooth gameplay. Check your iPhone’s settings and tweak the Graphics and Motion settings.
Step #1. Open the Settings
Step #2. Scroll down to Accessibility.
Step #3. Tap Motion.
Step #4. Enable/Disable Reduce Motion
Solution #4: Close the Background Apps
On average, we use 10-15 apps in our daily routine for some or another purpose and leave them open virtually. All of those applications running in the background consume a good amount of processor and RAM. Keep note that whenever the application starts randomly crashing, head over to the recently used apps and force close them. Here we will do the same.
Solution #5: Reconnect to the Internet
Pokemon Go operates perfectly on the network, Cellular Data, and Wi-Fi. Just in case, to make sure you are not dealing with network issues, switch the iPhone internet to cellular data or vice versa. Then, force close the game, change the network, and again try to play.
Solution #6: Delete and Install Pokemon Go
Lastly, all you can do is delete the app and re-install it. But, don’t worry; as Pokemon Go stores the data on the Cloud, all of your gameplay will be saved to your game account.
- Long-press the Pokemon Go app until the apps start jiggling.
- Tap (x) to delete it.
Restart the iPhone and navigate to the App Store to re-install the Pokemon Go.
Solution #7: Wait a While
Popular games like Pokemon Go are likely to go under maintenance or hit by a bug; the best thing you can do is wait for a while until the developers fix the issue. Ask your fellow friends or colleagues who are having the same problem as you, then act accordingly.
Solution #8: Report a Bug
if you are affected by the issue and there is no any way to sort it out by yourself. When I highly recommended checking the issue with the app developer from the app settings. As Given below steps,
- Open the Pokemon Go app on your device, Go to the Main menu
- Go to Settings and Find the FaQ that’s related to your problem.
- That’s it.
Note: Unfortunately, no direct method exists to send Bug reports to the Pokemon Go development Team.
Did you found any way to resolve Pokémon Go on your iPhone, or iPad not mentioned above? Would you please drop it in the comments box? We will appreciate your reply.”