iPhone, iPad and iPod touch lover should be familiar with DFU mode. Have you not any idea on iOS device DFU mode, Why we need DFU mode, How to use or Put iPhone in DFU mode. How to exit iPhone, iPad and iPod touch from DFU mode? So be patient from this article here you will get all the basic knowledge and usage of DFU mode. So read below the different stage of DFU mode carefully. Steps are the same for that user’s who want DFU mode iPhone 5, DFU mode iPhone 4/ 4S to iPhone 7/iPhone 8/8 Plus/iPhone X/iPhone X Plus/ iPhone XS/ iPhone XS Max/ iPhone XR, DFU Mode iPad. we experienced or seen most of the old device want this mode.
DFU full Name – “Device Firmware Update“
What is DFU mode in iPhone, iPad and iPod touch?
Put iPhone in DFU mode (Device Firmware Update) is the situation, from this situation you can synchronize your iOS device with iTunes but can’t do any operation on your iOS device interface. From this stage, you can’t see your iOS device operating system or boot loader.
Why are we using DFU mode on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch?
- People are using DFU mode for the upgrade or downgrade your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch thought the firmware (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch).
- To make your iOS device jailbroken or un-jailbreak mode or SIM Unlock, Then you need DFU mode
- In your iPhone you have a prior version of iOS installed, that you can use DFU mode.
How to Put iPhone in DFU mode – Steps, iPad, iPod touch?
iPhone X DFU Mode [ iPhone XS/ XS Max/ iPhone XR – iPhone 8/ 8 Plus]
- “Connect your iPhone to iTunes” on Mac or PC.
- Hard Reboot your iPhone first. Press and Quickly Release “Volume up button” then “Volume Down Button“. Now Only press and Hold Side button until you see the black screen on iPhone X.
- Now, Press and Hold Volume down button and Side button at least 5 seconds. now release Side button and continuously hold volume down button until iTunes on your Mac or PC says: Your iPhone is into recovery mode. You can restore iPhone X to the Default settings.
Click on Restore iPhone > Select the “Downloaded ipsw file” and Wait for Restore completely.
To Exit from Recovery mode: Hard Reboot your iPhone X.
iPhone 7/7 Plus and Earlier:
Note: Before entering your iPhone in DFU mode, Take the whole backup through iTunes.
To enter DFU mode in your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, kindly follow the below steps one by one,
Step 1: Connect your iPhone with your Mac/Windows computer through the lighting cable.
Step 2: Launch iTunes, Turn off your iPhone by Tap and hold the Top power button.
Step 3: Now you can enter in DFU mode, by pressing down Sleep/power button and home button together for 4, 5 or up to 10 seconds.
Release only pressed power/sleep button, (Not for home button)
Step 4: Then continuously press home button until you will get the message on your Mac/windows screen over iTunes.
Message: iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
Step 5: Now you screen completely black signal that now your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in DFU mode.
After doing above steps although, iOS device displaying iTunes logo, restore logo, or any other message, as result you are not in DFU mode, So repeat whole steps to Put iPhone in DFU mode again.
How Exit or comeback from DFU mode in iPhone, iPad and iPod touch?
For revert back and start iOS device in normal mode process is too simple.
No Home button iPhones (iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X Plus, iPhone XS/ XS Max, iPhone XR): Quickly Press and Release Volume up button and Volume down button and Only Press and Hold Side button on iPhone.
Home button iPhone (iPhone 5S/ iPhone 6/ 6 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S Plus)Tap home button and Sleep/power button together while your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch connected to the iTunes.
Step 2: Unlock your iPhone with Passcode or Touch ID/Face ID.
Now, you have Savvy knowledge on DFU mode, Put iPhone in DFU mode – iPad and iPod touch, how to exit from DFU mode in step by step. Are you getting difficulties on Enter iOS device DFU mode then comment in below? Very useful for all, so don’t miss to share, Like it.