Last Updated on Aug 14, 2021
Most of the professional and home users worry about record iPhone calls on Mac running on macOS High Sierra, Sierra, Mavericks & Yosemite, Coming Audio, or video calls on iPhone. If you know that, handoff features are new for all Mac users. But it’s very useful for those folks who only work with Apple family, using you can transfer a call, Send text or Transfer your work from iOS device to Mac device wise Versa. Ahead of one step many users finding a solution to record iPhone calls on Mac when they are using handoff call, FaceTime, and Phone calls.
Before that, you have to follow some of the basic circumstances and rules for record iPhone calls on Mac running on macOS High Sierra and Earlier.
- But, the Latest macOS users can use a Built-in Mac screen recorder for Audio and Video Recording. Follow both methods. as given below.
- macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, and Later mac, MacBook users can’t use this software to record FaceTime Audio or Video Call. According to ecamm, Apple has changed many changes on FaceTime at a Software level, Against Tighten Security most of the Software is unable to Record iPhone Calls, FaceTime Audio, and FaceTime Video calls.
Note: Before you can start record, due to jurisdictions low of the United States. You must have to send a notification to other parties.
How to Record iPhone calls on Mac: on Any MacOS
Use Mac’s Screen Recorder
Mac allows users to record screen with Built-in Microphone or External microphone that’s connected with your Mac. Follow the below steps,
Note: you may ask for permission before record a FaceTime video call chat. officially that’s illegal to record a facetime call as of apple’s terms and conditions.
- Open FaceTime app on Mac and Target FaceTime app location on the screen.
- Now, Use Command + Shift + 5 to open up screen recording tools on any screen. Then Select the Screen Recording area using the Drage line that covers the facetime app screen. – [Screen Recording Not Working on Mac]
- Also, Select the Microphone, from the Options. and Ready to Record using the Record button.
- That’s it. Any time we can stop Video recording.
Ecamm – Third Party App
Ecamm providing amazing features to record iPhone call on your Mac with a 7-day free trial. After that, you have to buy $30 for unlimited full features access.
Before start handoff call recording from iPhone, Handoff working with Mac for iPhone Call, ensure that both devices should be turned on Bluetooth or Same Wi-Fi network. Also, Both Devices are logged with the same Apple ID in the iCloud account. Troubleshooting solution on FaceTime Not Working on Mac: Failed, Stopped, and All Other Errors.
- Step 1: Download and install Ecamm call recorder Zip in your Mac.
- Step 2: Extract to unzip, and then double click on “Install Call recorder for FaceTime Demo.app”.
A process with agreement and TOS acceptance,
Start video calling from face time from the saved contact list for the target iPhone number that you want to call and record. On behalf of you can also record Phone calls on your Mac using this way.
If you didn’t select record calls automatically then you have to manually start recording to record calls always. And push when you want to stop recording iPhone Call.
is it illegal to record a facetime call?
yes, That’s against FaceTime Community and Security guidelines. But you can take a live photo during FaceTime Video call, but Another recipient will get an alert about, Are you taking a photo.
Recorded calls will be saved on your Mac drive where you set the saving path.
In case are you facing technical error problems on Record iPhone calls on MacBook, Mac, iMac Mac, Mac Mini with ecamm then write a comment to us in the Comment box?