Last Updated on
in this article, I’ll guide you on how can I remove a device from iCloud? An Apple user syncs its device to iCloud to backup data on the way. And might you have a lot of devices on your iCloud account over time. Sometimes after selling or any your personal reason your few old devices on the list you don’t have anymore. If you want to erase it, let’s see how to remove the old device from the iCloud account very easily.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
You can remove your device from an iCloud account on Mac, with PC and be using an iOS device, too. Let’s head over the following steps and remove the device from Apple ID right from Mac and iOS devices.
Different Ways to Remove Device from iCloud Account
what happens when you remove a device from iCloud
you guys, do you know that What does removing a device from iCloud to? let’s get here, I will tell you in brief, I think it’s enough for you.
After remove from the iCloud device list, your phone or Apple device that you removed that no longer shows up for under find my iPhone, and it will no longer be available for quick support.
in more, Anything already downloaded or purchased to your iOS or iPadOS device will continue to work fine. Now, if you sign out of the App Store, you cannot download and install new applications.
Remove your Device from iCloud on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
How can I see where my Apple ID is being used? In iOS 12/iOS 13 or later, removing your device iCloud account without Mac or PC. Just you need an iOS device and logged-in Apple ID. Remaining is the same as it’s done on the Mac.
in more, with these steps, you can check your Apple ID device list to see where you’re signed in.
- Step #1. Launch the Settings App.
- Step #2. Tap on Your Apple ID Profile, and then Scroll down the Screen and tap on a device that you want to remove from your iCloud Account. For example, here I’m choosing Mac Mini, so after tapping on it, now, tap on Remove from Account.
- Step #3: Tap on Remove. Wait a while until your device removed from an account.
Note: if you see there is an unrecognized device, then you should remove immediately and change your iCloud password to set a new one.
For that user who has the device is running earlier iOS, please follow the bottom steps to remove the device from iCloud Account.
- Step #1. Go to the Settings App.
- Step #2. Find iCloud, and then tap on your name to access iCloud details.
- Step #3. I think, again you will have to enter your Apple ID password before going to the next to proceed.
- Step #4. Once you’re on the iCloud Account details, then tap on ‘Devices.
Now, you can see all the devices that currently synchronized with your iCloud Account.
Next up, tap on any device to see further details and settings to remove it if you desire.
The same dialog you will get that user getting on Mac. So tap on Remove for final remove permission.
Way to Remove Device from iCloud on Mac
For macOS Catalina or later:
If you have updated your Mac to macOS Catalina or later, then you might find the earlier process useless. Follow the new method and remove the device from Apple ID on macOS Catalina.
- Step #1: Go to the “Apple logo” and select “System Preferences”.
- Step #2: Click on the “Apple ID” option.
- Step #3: Select the device you would like to remove from the left panel. Here I’ve selected my Apple Watch.
- Step #4: Click “Remove from account”.
- Step #5: Confirm, “Remove”.
For macOS Mojave or earlier:
To remove your device from the iCloud account on your Mac. Let’s open iCloud settings on your MacOS for example – I open up iCloud Settings on my MacBook Pro running macOS High Sierra. It doesn’t what latest macOS you have. Just attempt bottom instructions step by step.
- Step #1. Go to System Preferences.
- Step #2. Click on iCloud.
- Step #3. In the iCloud System Preferences, Click on ‘’Account Details’’.
Note: If your mac Speed slow then you will have to wait until you get the next screen.
- Step #4. Same to the same iOS, you will be required to enter your iCloud password before you can continue.
- Step #5. After you in the Account Details screen, now click on the “Devices” tab. Let’s now select the device that you want to remove and then “Remove from Account.”
Premium Support is Free Now
If you’re selling the device, at this moment, now would be the time to perform a factory reset as well.