Just like your Mac, now iPad users can see recently used apps on the dock for instant access. Installed on iOS 12 and iOS 11.x & later Mostly that helpful for all iPad users but are you not interested? Or looks annoying then manage or customize iPad dock settings on your iPad using a given step by step guide in this tutorial.
From this time dock in iPad is very essential and useful for use picture in picture, Multitasking, Switch Between Apps and Side by side view. And organize multiple apps on a small screen iPad.
Compatible Screen and Device: compatible iPads and iOS versions or later
Steps for Disable or Hide Recently used apps on iPad dock
On Latest iPadOS Follow the below steps,
- Open the Settings app on the iPad.
- Find Home Screen & Dock Option.
- Now, Enable Show Suggested and Recent Apps in Dock.
- That’s it.
Old iPadOS on iPad
- Step 1: Find Settings app from the iPad home screen. And open it.
- Step 2: Next, Tap on General.
- Step 3: Under General, See Multitasking and Disable Show Recents.
You can turn on these features to use some important apps like Notes app (Not Tacking), Safari, App Store, Chat apps or other social apps.
Re-Enable or Show recently opened app on iPad dock
#1: Open Settings app on iPad
#2: Next, Go to General and Tap on the Multitasking option.
#3: Turn on Show Recents toggle.
Using this iPad dock setting, you will never get a recently or most used app on the iPad Home dock.
Now just like Siri’s suggestions, On your iPad, you will see the Most used and Recently closed app on dock preview.
That’s Help, To use multiple applications in the fastest way.
Won’t open an app from iPad Dock
The dock is freeze or not opening on a single tap, then once restart or force restart your iPad.
- To Restart, Press Sleep/ Wake, Power button until you see Slide to log off.
- Sometimes, screen not responding then Force Restart, Press Sleep/ Wake + Home button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Mac Dock! Customization and Tips
In the Same Way, Mac users can also hide the recent apps from Dock on Mac. Follow the below steps on your Mac.
- Go to the apple logo from the top mac menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Dock & Menu Bar > Uncheck the Option “Show Recent Applications in Dock” to Hide from the dock.
- That’s it.
Here are more tips to Customize Dock on Mac. Resize, Show Indicator on Open Apps, Turn on Animation, Auto Hide, Position on Screen, Dock Size, Magnification using Shortcuts.