Clean iPhone and iPad should be the final stage and Option for all iOS users to make your device like new. After that, you can freely sell or Trade-in your Device or Hand over to unknown for repair and use. Once we clean follow clean install we have two options, which people case choose depends on use or requirements. This trick is very useful to fix internal problems by clean install then Restore the iPhone and iPad. if you know, Apple Shutting down iTunes support on Mac, After the Backup and Restoring ways are changed and easier. Also, iOS 13 Clean install Required Finder to Backup, Restore and Sync data to iPhone and iPad. Let’s Check in this Tutorial.
Restore after Erase iPhone/ iPad: Restore required old backup that’s should be the latest. You will get photos, Videos, Apps or Settings, and Other important data. The backup we can restore from iCloud or iTunes (Now Finder). I recommended iTunes because it’s very fast and more users friendly. No worry about how much your backup was.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Note: Restore iPhone/ iPad using iCloud before Erase, Upgrade iCloud storage then start the backup.
Setup Like new after Erase: Once you erase all data from the device, Very easy to start iPhone/ iPad like new. (Skip Restore from iCloud) Follow the on-screen instruction.
This tip helps for iPhone models – Latest iPhone, iPhone 11(Pro Max), iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5 and iPad – iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPad Pro all version.
Steps for Erase and Restore iPhone and iPad or Setup New
Erase Device – iPhone/ iPad
1: Go to the Settings app on the iPhone or iPad.
2: Next, Scroll down a screen and Tap on General.
3: Under General find the last option “Reset”. Under reset, you can take action for differ levels of clean-up devices.
4: Completely erase: Tap on “Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone/ iPad”.
Restore From iCloud or iTunes/Finder: Old Latest Backup
Connect your device via USB Lightning cable to your Mac/ PC after erase.
- Open iTunes/Finder on PC or Mac. Wait for the sync times then your device will appear in iTunes top tab.
- Turn off “Find My iPhone” on iPhone, iPad (Go to the Settings App on iDevice > Tap on Apple ID Profile Name > iCloud > Find My iPhone > Disable Find My iPhone).
1.1 Using Finder [iOS 13 Restore on MacOS Catalina]
- Open Finder on Mac running MacOS Catalina.
- Next, Connect your iPhone to Mac and Get the iPhone under the Locations.
- Click on your iPhone name, and Your iPhone required to pair,
- Unlock the iPhone screen and enter the Verification passcode on iPhone Screen. Once you validate, Finder will show the below screen.
- Here’s Check for Backup and Restore iPhone button will show here.
Now Use Option Key + Click on Restore iPhone button to Browse downloaded ipsw file. Choose the ipsw file and click on Open.
Go with the Update button. To start the process. Enter the passcode to continue the restoring process. First Enter Passcode on iPhone and Tap on the continue button.
Don’t disconnect the iPhone from Mac, Your iPhone will reboot many times during the process. When you see the lock screen, you can disconnect and set up like a new one.
Restore Old Recent Backup using Finder on Mac [Without iTunes]
Now, Copy data from an old recent backup, Follow the same steps and select Restore backup under the Backup and Restore options.
1.2 Using iTunes Restore and Backup
3. Click on it > Summary > Restore iPhone (Choose last backup or what you want)
4. Click Restore iPhone + Shift key on Windows && Click on Restore + Option Key on Mac
5. Press Continue > Next on confirmation popup,
- install iOS 13 Beta on iPhone
- install iOS 12 Beta on iPhone
- install iOS 11 on iPhone
- .ipsw for iOS 10 clean install: install iOS 10 on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Using iTunes or iCloud.
- Install iOS 9 on iPhone or other iOS devices.
- Install iOS 8 on iPhone
7. Start Restore, Wait for few minutes, it depends on your system speed. Don’t unplug iPhone or iPad in-between process.
2. Clean Install Without iTunes: Use iCloud for Restore
Before Erase if we have past Recent backup into iCloud then you can go with the iCloud restore. After resetting your new device setup will show screen option to start to restore data from iCloud. If you didn’t take the backup of your device earlier then Take a Backup first in iCloud: Open Settings app on iPhone > Tap on Apple ID profile name > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Enable iCloud Backup Toggle > That’s it.
Now, Erase the Device from settings app > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Now your iPhone will take a few minutes to Erase the Device. and Then set up like a new. Follow the below steps,
It’s totally online automatic process, doesn’t need iTunes or Mac/PC. Restore time depends on your internet speed and Size of data.
Don’t Restore old Backup, Setup like new
Skip all the restore processes after erase the full device explained in the first step. Skip backup restore instruction and Choose “Set up as New iPhone”. And complete setup.
Premium Support is Free Now
I hope you get the complete overview and Guide on what to do for a clean install or Restore iPhone and iPad like new. For extra help comment on the box.