Clean iPhone and iPad should be final stage and Option for all iOS users to make your device like new. After that you can freely sell or Trade-in your Device or Hand over to unknown for repair and use. Once we clean follow clean install we have two options, which people case choose depends on use or requirements. This trick is very useful on fix internal problem by clean install then Restore iPhone and iPad.
Restore after Erase iPhone/ iPad: Restore required old backup that’s should be latest. You will get photos, Videos, Apps or Settings and Other important data. Backup we can restore from iCloud or iTunes. I recommended iTunes because it’s very fast and more users friendly. No worry about how much your backup was.
Note: Restore iPhone/ iPad using iCloud before Erase, Upgrade iCloud storage then start backup.
Setup Like new after Erase: Once you erase all data from device, Very easy to start iPhone/ iPad like new. (Skip Restore from iCloud) Follow the on screen instruction.
This tips helps for iPhone models – iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5 and iPad – iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPad Pro all version.
Content in This tutorial:
- Erase All the Data and Documents from iPhone, iPad
- Download Latest firmware, install using iTunes
- Restore from iCloud Backup
- Skip restore old backup, Setup like new iPhone, iPad
Steps for Erase and Restore iPhone and iPad or Setup New
Erase Device – iPhone/ iPad
1: Go to the Settings app on iPhone or iPad.
2: Next, Scroll down screen and Tap on General.
3: Under General find last option “Reset”.
Under reset you can take action for differ level of clean up device.
Completely erase: Tap on “Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone/ iPad”.
Restore From iCloud or iTunes: Old Latest Backup
Connect your device via USB Lightning cable to your Mac/ PC after erase.
- Open iTunes on PC or Mac. Wait for the sync times then your device will be appeared in iTunes top tab.
2. Turn off “Find My iPhone” on iPhone, iPad (Go to the Settings on iDevice > iCloud > Find My iPhone > Disable Find My iPhone).
3. Click on it > Summary > Restore iPhone (Choose last backup or what you want)
4. Click Restore iPhone + Shift key on Windows && Click on Restore + Option Key on Mac
5. Press Continue > Next on confirmation popup,
6. Browse .ipsw file (Get latest .ipsw file for update or downgrade purpose from below links). Then Open.
- .ipsw for iOS 10 clean install: install iOS 10 on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Using iTunes or iCloud.
- install iOS 9 on iPhone or other iOS device.
- install iOS 8 on iPhone
7. Start Restore, Wait for few minutes, it’s depends on your system speed. Don’t unplug iPhone or iPad in-between process.
Use iCloud for Restore
Before Erase if we saved past backup in to iCloud then you can go with iCloud restore. After reset your new device setup will show screen option to start restore data from iCloud.
Don’t Restore old Backup, Setup like new
Skip all the restore process after erase full device explained in first step. Skip backup restore instruction and Choose “Set up as New iPhone”. And complete setup.
Hope you get complete overview and Guide on what to do for clean install or Restore iPhone and iPad like new. For extra help comment on box.
What Other are Reading,