Last Updated on Nov 19, 2020
If you’re a new iPhone/iPad owner and have a question about Facetime. Then get here everything about the Apple FaceTime app. You can learn how to activate Facetime? As well as how to make FaceTime on iPhone, iPad Air, iPad Mini, and iPod Touch. iOS 11 or later users can use FaceTime up to 32 People at once called Group FaceTime Now Enjoy on your iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S/iPhone 6S, iPhone 6/6, iPhone 5S/iPhone 5/ iPad, MacOS High Sierra or later.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
FaceTime is an app so FaceTime is in two places at once. It works like a simple one-tap- right out of the box and you no need to set up a special screen name or account. FaceTime through users can make video and audio calls over the Wi-Fi as well as with cellular networks. By default, FaceTime comes to deactivate. So if you want to make FaceTime on your iPhone then you need to activate first.
Requisite details to Use FaceTime on iPhone/iPad or Mac:
- Correct Apple ID and Password.
- So if you’ve already created Apple ID and password then go for the steps to Set up FaceTime on iPhone.
- For Good Quality Video call on FaceTime, you should require at least 128 kbps Upstream and Downstream speed and 1 Mbps for HD video call.
- To use FaceTime with your Number, You have a Carrier plan that has included Free FaceTime activation otherwise you can’ do call. You may ask your Carrier desk and confirmed that if you are stuck on Activation.
- Valid Date and Time (we recommend to keep this Automatically update from settings on iOS and Mac devices)
- For iOS: Settings app on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically.
- For MacOS: Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Date & Time and select “Set date and time automatically” Now according to time zone after changing your location it will update itself. Click Time Zone and make sure that the settings are correct.
Steps to Set up/Activate Facetime on iPhone, iPad
- Step 1. Go to the Settings app
- Step 2. Tap on FaceTime (you can see label between Messages & Maps)
- Step 3. Enter your Apple ID and Password
- Step 4. Tap Sign In.
Since now, you can see phone numbers and all email addresses associated with your Apple ID will be displayed on the iPhone screen.
Note: Your phone number will be displayed only if you are setting up your iPhone, or if you are setting up another iOS device after you’ve set up your iPhone.
Step 5. Tap Next.
Choose which email addresses and phone numbers you want people to use to contact you for FaceTime calls.
Choose which email address or phone number you want to appear during outgoing FaceTime calls. After activated FaceTime, if FaceTime not working on iPhone then read this post.
How do I FaceTime from MacBook Mac?
FaceTime is Free to use on Mac, Before that, you have to Activate or Sign in with your Apple ID. After that your all iCloud Contacts will appear on FaceTime Contacts. Start Audio or Video call from the Contact appear on your FaceTime Mac. FaceTime Video Require Camera, That might be iSight camera or Third-Party Camera available in the market.
- FaceTime is a Separate app on Mac just like iPhone, iPad. First Open FaceTime app on your Mac using Spotlight Search (Press Command + Space and Start typing FaceTime).
- Open the FaceTime app on your MacBook Mac, Now Login with your Apple ID or Password. All the Contacts synced in your iCloud account from the iPhone will be appearing there.
- Now Start FaceTime calling from your Mac, Click on the video call button.
- That’s it.
Now you don’t log in again, this is a one-time setup until you sign out FaceTime from your Mac.
If you are failed to Activate and use FaceTime on your iOS device or Mac, We have very popular FaceTime Alternatives for Best Video Calling Facilities.
So if you need more information about Facetime on iPhone then please leave a comment. We will reply as soon as possible.