Apple’s AirTag is making its mark in the market. This beacon-style device prevents you from losing your daily items, such as bags, wallets, and car keys. All you need to do is attach the object of your choice and smartly track it from your iPhone.
So, if you are planning a camping trip with your friends or family and attached AirTag to share supplies, it’s not a single-person headache anymore to track. Here’s how to share AirTag location with family on iPhone & Mac
Share Airtag Location with Family & Friends
Before proceeding to the procedure, ensure your iPhone or Mac is updated to the latest iOS or Mac version. For this, refer to our article on how to update the iPhone to the latest iOS or how to update Mac to the latest macOS. Once you are done with it, move forward to this guide.
Steps to Share AirTag Location with Family on iPhone (Friends)
To share AirTag location with family, you must have Find My app installed on your iPhone. If you already have it, follow the steps below.
- Access the “Find My” app on your iPhone.
- Select Items.
- Tap on the AirTag you are willing to share.
- Then, click “Add Person” below the “Share This AirTag Section.”
- Hit Continue to begin with sharing the selected AirTag.
- From the next screen, select the five contacts you’re willing to share it with.
- Finally, choose Send Button.
That’s It! You will navigate back, and the “Share This AirTag” menu will show all contacts. However, if you want to remove the contact from the list, tap on their name and select “Remove.” Give further confirmation by selecting Remove.
Steps to remove AirTag Location with Family on Mac (Friends)
If you carry a Mac computer and are willing to share AirTag Location with your Family or friend, here’s how to do so.
- Access Find My on your Mac.
- Click on Items from the left pane.
- Next, select AirTag or Other Accessories from the list.
- Choose (i) Button next to the AirTag Button on Maps.
- At last, choose Add Button below the Share This AirTag and select Continue.
- To add people from the Contact App, click + Button to search and add to the list.
- Click Share to begin sharing.
That’s It! With the latest update, let’s bring your friends and family together to track all shared belongings. Now, there is no chance of losing your belongings. In case you’ve any doubt related to it, feel free to share in the below comment box.