Last Updated on Apr 8, 2021
Quickly Sort your mail inbox on the Mac mail app. We can Sort our emails on Alphabetically [Acending, Descending], Sort by Date, Attachment, Flags, From Size, Subject, And Unread emails as well. in the same we can also Filter mail app inbox from the same settings.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Also, we can customize the Email columns [Add new Column items and remove columns as well]. and filter from columns as well. let’s check step by step in this article. The following steps are tested with Mac, iMac, MacBook, MB Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, M1 Mac.
Steps for Sort mail On Mac Mail app
- Open Mail app on Mac. Now, Select Inbox in the sidebar from Window.
- Next, From the top Menu, Select View Option and Sort by.
- See the Sorting options, like [A to Z or Z to A for alphabetize mailboxes], Sort by Date, Attachment, Flags, From Size, Subject, And Unread emails from whole mailboxes. Also, See Smallest Message on Top and the Largest Message on Top.
- See the instant changes in the Mail app inbox. and That’s it.
Sort Mailbox from the Column header
Customised mail Column in Mac mail app, allows users to add or remove Columns from a mailbox.
Right Click on Mail Header Inbox. Select New Header and Uncheck that unused.
Once you added Columns, Just click on the Header Column name and Sort out Emails on Mailbox. here I am adding a flag, keep selected if “flags not showing in mac mail”.
Note: Use data sent Option and add into Header then click on Header to short “apple mail sort by sender on Mac“.
Sorting is also possible on Browser mailbox via icloud.com
Sorting on Apple Mail inbox on Browser has limited options. Just go to icloud.com account and under the Mail option, See the Sorting option on the Email pane.
- Oldest Message on Top
- Newest Message on Top
Filter Email is an Option: Turn on Filter on the Mac Mail app
The filter makes sorting easier to find the correct email from your Inbox on the Mac mail app. So, that first you have to enable the filter option on the Mail app.
- Open the mail app on Mac. From the top Mac menu, Select View > Filter > Enable Message Filter.
- See the Filter option and Long press on to see the different email filters like Unread, Flagged, To: Me, CC: Me, Only Mail with Attachments, and Only From VIP.
For More Mail app customization on your Mac, comment to me below.