Last Updated on May 5, 2021
Several Mac users have reported Unable to login to apple id on Mac or Macbook, in most cases after macOS Big Sur Update. So they can’s access Internet account, iCloud Drive, Mail, IMESSAGES, OR FaceTime because of an unknown error or Verification failed error.
Let’s follow the below solutions to Sign in to your Apple ID account on Mac, MacBook.
First, Follow this Solution,
1. Backup the Keychain Folder and Test
Internal software glitch and macOS Bug create the same problem after Restoring the MacOS or install MacOS. So, the problem will be to stay even update to the latest version or Restore. So Re-Generate iCloud Keychain folder in the Mac Root folder is a solution to fix the Mac issue of unable to login apple id.
- Open Finder on Mac, From top Mac menu, Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter the Below path, and Hit the Return to open the Keychains folder.
Copy all folders and files to a Desktop temporary folder and Delete them from the Keychains folder.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
- Now, Restart your Mac. Try to login to your Mac apple id; I hope you fix the issue.
Still, this solution is not helpful. Then, Put back backup files into the Keychains folder and follow other solutions.
> Required Active internet connection.
Follow the Other Solutions
2. Create a New Admin User Account
Creating a new administrator account, create a File system for the new admin account. That’s the Great and Easy method to fix all the issues related to system files corrupted or misconfigured settings. Follow the below steps,
- Go to the Apple logo > System Preferences.
- Click on Users & Groups > Unlock the window lock by click on it > Click on the Plus icon to add a new account.
- Select the New account Type “Administrator,” Account full name, Password, Verify Password, and Password Hint.
- Click on Create User. That’s it.
Shut down your Mac and Turn it on to login with a newly created account. and Check issue is fixed.
Some users reported that you have to use an Existing account only, But not a new one. So Diagnose the issue and fix the problem.
3. Safe Mode
Safe Mode on Mac determines the issue that caused the issue with the installed program on your Mac. During safe mode, Mac Disables the startup program and Fixes the issue caused by those programs. Follow the below steps to Put your Mac in safe mode.
The safe mode process is different for M1 and Intel Mac. Here’s how to know? My Mac is M1 Mac or Intel Mac.
- M1 Mac:- Shut down your Mac and Wait for 20 Seconds. Next, Turn on your Mac, and Press and Hold the Power [Touch ID] button until you see the Start-up volume drive and Settings option.
- Next, select the Startup disk.
- Press and hold the shift key, and click on Continue in Safe mode.
- Then release the Shift key.
- Login to your Mac in Safe mode and check the issue is fixed by login to your apple id.
- Safe mode on intel Mac: Shut down your Mac and Wait for 20 Seconds. Quickly Press and Hold the Shift key until you see your Mac login screen with the Safe mode label at the top of the screen. and Check the issue is fixed or not.
Exit Safe Mode: Restart Your Mac without press and hold any key.
4. Repair Volume
Is your Mac internal drive corrupted and want to repair it. So, Apple is giving auto repair Disk volume functionality using the First Aid option.
Follow the below steps,
- Open Disk Utility on your Mac from Spotlight search or Launchpad.
- Select the Primary Volume drive from the sidebar and click on First Aid Option to check volume errors. And Repair if necessary.
- Click on Run to start scanning.
Wait for a successful process and check the issue is fixed or not.
First, Aids Won’t detect any Error that’s causing Apple ID login on Mac. Then Try another fix. Like, reinstall MacOS.
5. Reinstall MacOS
Reinstall MacOS is also a helpful solution, but this process will take time. Without effect, any Data saved on Mac, Reinstall a new copy of MacOS from internet and Install on Mac.
Note: I recommend taking your Mac Backup in Time Machine. You will recover from Backup if some data loss during installation.
So first, Put your Mac in recovery mode depends on [Intel Mac or M1 Mac] and Reinstall macOS.
6. Apple Support
I am sure the above fix will really help you fix Unable to login to Apple ID on M1 Mac or Intel Mac. Still, are you looking for help? Here’s free apple support and Book an Appointment at the Apple Genius bar reservation.