Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Now More custom options that easily manage all incoming notification on the lock screen. That helps to quickly view or reply in the notification at a glance. Not a bad but inside there are more options like orange or create a single bunch for all notification by app or Create a group on notification by contact inside the applications. What are Group Notifications by App and Automatic? How Group notifications Settings works? and Looks from different.
Here is explained what are the meaning of Notification grouping by app or Automatically or off.
Enable and Disable Notification Group Settings of Lock Screen Preview on iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Mac
See WhatsApp Example,
In this example, I received messages from two partners or friends. What you need to really directly from the Group notifications in iOS 12/iOS 13 or later update on iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X/ iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 5S.
- Open Settings on the iPhone.
- Next Tap on Notifications > Find the App name.
- Scroll to last and Tap on notification grouping > Select the options from Automatic, By App, Off.
- Here we test all the different Notification Grouping options that showing on your iPhone lock screen.
- That’s it.
Default settings for All App’s notification are “Automatic“.
Sample 1: Notification Grouping by Automatic
- Tap on view and read the message, And reply by sliding left on the notification.
- By we can change it to “By App”. See the result in Example below.
Sample 2: Notification Grouping by App
How to use “By App” and “Automatic” on Apple Watch
Sample 3: Turn Off Group Notification on iPhone, iPad
Using this option you will get and view notification like earlier patterns, see and view all notification by sliding on the lock screen in stacks.
This might be more complex and hesitating the people since iOS 9.
Guide Notification Grouping on Apple Watch App
In the same way, you can change the app notification settings from watch App on iPhone that paired with it.
- Open Watch app on iPhone > My Watch > Notifications > Tap on App name > Scroll down and See “Notification Grouping” > Select By App, Automatic or Off.
Group Notifications on MacBook, Mac [macOS Big Sur & Later]
Yes, Group Notifications is also support your MacOS running macOS Big Sur version or later. We can access all the notifications in Groups. So easy to manage and Read/Reply from the Notification Center just like iPhone and iPad. Follow the below steps for customise the Group Notification settings on your MacBook Mac.
- Go to the Apple Logo from top Mac Menu. Now, Click on System Preferences option.
- Now, Find the Notifications settings.
- Next, See all the Apps running on your Mac and Select the app that you want to customise. Last option is Group notifications and Select the Options Automatic, By App and Off from the dropdown menu.
- Automatic: See Notifications in Group for conversation in App.
- By App: See Notification in Group for that app.
- Off: See List of All Notifications without Group as you receive.
I hope you get a clear idea of What is Group Notifications “By App” VS “Automatic” with my WhatsApp example given in this article.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.