Are you experiencing WiFi problems after Update iOS and iPadOS on iPhone and iPad respectively? like Wi-Fi gets disconnect when the screen is locked, or Wi-Fi is dropping network automatically? on your iPhone 11(Pro Max), iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5S. Because recently my iPad was dropping network randomly after updating to final iOS. Even sometimes iPhone’s Wi-Fi becomes unresponsive while using the device. Luckily after trying some tricks, I had solved Wi-Fi not working on my iPhone and iPad many times when I was watching movies or browsing, Gaming. and let’s learn how to get fix all kind of WiFi issues all the time.
WiFi is the biggest problem that throwing error on our iPhone, iPad screen while using Apps like Mail app, Messages, Social App, Chat apps and Online games as well.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Also Read: New in WatchOS 5, Join Nearby WiFi on Apple Watch without iPhone.
Troubleshooting for Wi-Fi not working on iPhone and iPad
Fix 1: Quick Fix iPhone WiFi automatically disconnected
- 1: Open “Settings” and tap “Wi-Fi”.
- 2: Tap on small information (i) icon which is near to the connected “Wi-Fi Network”.
- 3: Tap on “Forget This Network” and confirm it.
- 4: Now, disable “Wi-Fi”.
- 5: Restart iPhone/iPad.
Turn on Back Wifi under the iPhone settings app, Open Settings app on iPhone > WiFi > Select WiFi name and Enter Correct wifi password to join successfully. I hope it will fix the issue. but still not working then harden solution to find on your device is the VPN problem. VPN leverage the security of the device and that’s against the apple policy.
Fix 2: Disable VPN or Delete VPN profile
If you are using a VPN, there are chances that it might be affecting the Wi-Fi network. Disable VPN and connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Turn off VPN And Try
- 1: In the “Settings” Tap “General”.
- 2: Scroll down and tap on “VPN” and disconnect it.
Delete VPN and Try
- 1. Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
- 2. Next, Tap on General.
- 3. Scroll to VPN > Tap on (i) button to find the Delete profile option.
Watch the video to force restart iPhone 11 Pro Max, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- Press and release Volume Up button.
- Press and release Volume Down button.
- Press and hold Side button and release it when you see the Apple logo. After a wait for 30 seconds, Turn on back using the side or power button only.
- Tip to Force restart iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
Step 1: Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Tip for other iPhone/iPad
Step 1: Press and hold the Home button and Side button together and release when the Apple logo comes on screen.
Fix 3: Disable/Enable Ask to Join Networks
I can’t say it will work for your iPad, but at least we can try to fix Wi-Fi not working in iPad with this solution.
- Step 1: Open “Settings” and tap “Wi-Fi”.
- Step 2: Disable “Ask to Join Networks”.
Now restart the iPhone and again enable “Ask to Join Networks”.
Fix 4: Turn Off/On Wi-Fi Assist
Few times disabling and enabling the Wi-Fi assist have worked for me. Also your WiFi and Mobile Data connection switching automatically while you are out of range. You decided to work only on WiFi then turn off Mobile data. And Also follow the below steps,
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” on the iPhone.
- Step 2: Open “Mobile Data” or “Cullular”.
- Step 3: Scroll down to last of the screen, Find and Disable “Wi-Fi Assist”.
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings
iOS 12 Cannot connect to WiFi on iPhone, iPad. Every network-oriented problem can be resolved by a small reset that is Reset Network Settings.
- Step 1: From the “Settings”, open “General”.
- Step 2: Next, open “Reset” and tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Step 3: Confirm it and enter the passcode to proceed.
- Re-fix all the network-related settings only remove network data only.
Fix 6: Check your Wi-Fi Router
If the Wi-Fi router is causing any issues, then it is better to remove the power source and plug it back again.
On Mac use command prompt to flush or Reset DNS Cache on your Mac & Windows (Open command prompt (“Windows + R key” > type “CMD”) and run this command: ipconfig/flushdns)
Fix 7: Set Custom DNS! Speed Up Slow WiFi with Faster DNS Server
You can also try this solution it works sometimes. The popular DNS networks are Google DNS switch your current DNS to Google DNS. It will work. Change or Update DNS IP address with custom details, Open Settings app > “WiFi” > “Tap on (i)” WiFi information > “Configure DNS” > “Manual and Enter (220.127.116.11)” by selecting Manual. That’s it
Fix 8: Disable Wi-Fi Networking Services
When you disable Wi-Fi networking services if directly turn off the location services for Wi-Fi networking. It will not disable Wi-Fi.
- Step 1: Launch “Settings” app.
- Step 2: Tap “Privacy” and open “Location Services”.
- Step 3: Scroll down to the bottom and tap “System Services”.
Step 4: Toggle off the “Wi-Fi Networking”.
Fix 9: Update iPhone/iPad
Is your iPhone/iPad is updated to iOS 12? If you haven’t updated yet then quickly update the iPhone to the latest version.
- 1: Go to “Settings” and open “General”.
- 2: Tap “Software Update” and search for updates.
Fix 10: Restore iPhone to its factory settings
It is our last option to fix Wi-Fi not working on iPhone/iPad. Have faith and do it. Backup the device before restoring it, to prevent data loss.
Backup iPhone, if Data is important for you.
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” and open “General”.
- Step 2: Tap “Reset” and then tap on “Erase All Contents and Settings”.
After reset or erase your iPhone, Restore Data on iPhone like a new.
Are you looking for Fix: Laptop or Mac not connecting to iPhone’s Personal Hotspot
Premium Support is Free Now
WiFi dropping or Disconnecting is the most common problem in all the devices. Not only you are on the list but others also. So, don’t miss to share the important fixes on iOS 12/iOS 13 WiFi issues with your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.