Last Updated on Jun 25, 2021
A few days back, social apps like Instagram announced Pronouns; follow the trail, Zoom also introduced Pronouns to Zoom Profiles. Pronouns is a great way to express yourself as well as address the Meeting Participants in a way they want, without hurting anyone feeling. Pronouns, or say Gender Identity Pronouns, are very easy to add in the Zoom Profile and let others know how you wish to refer yourself. Unlike other platforms, Zoom Pronouns comes with few customization settings to show and not show pronouns during Meetings to attendees.
The added pronouns will appear in your Zoom Profile, near Zoom Display Name while in the meeting, and the list of Participants. Let’s dive into the tutorial to add Zoom Pronouns and what the requirements are to add Zoom Pronouns.
How to Add Pronouns to Zoom With Unique Ideas
Can’t Add Zoom Pronouns? Check Compatibility
Adding pronouns to Zoom Profile requires the latest Zoom Client or App on whichever device you’re using. Here’s the Zoom App Version that you should have to add pronouns.
For Zoom Desktop Client:
- macOS: 5.7.0 or later
- Windows: 5.7.0 or later
- Linux: 5.7.0 or later
For Zoom Mobile App:
- iOS/iPadOS: 5.7.0 or later
- Android: 5.7.0 or later
Zoom Pronouns Ideas
If you’re confused and not aware of how to use pronouns to Zoom Profile, refer to the list of Zoom Pronouns Ideas that you can use.
- co / cos
- e / ey / em / eir
- fae / faer
- he / him / his
- she / her / hers
- mer / mers
- ne / nir / nirs
- nee / ner / ners
- per / pers
- they / them / theirs
- thon / thons
- ve / ver / vis
- vi / vir
- xe / xem / xyr
- ze / zie / zir / hir
How to Add Pronouns to your Zoom Profile
Once you add Pronouns to Zoom Profile, the pronouns will appear in Zoom Profile Card, whereas you have an option to show or not show the pronouns while attending Zoom Meetings, or even you can unshare and share pronouns in the middle of the meeting.
Additionally, the pronouns are visible by default once you add them to your profile for Basic accounts and Single Licensed Accounts, while if you have any other type of account, then ask Admin or Owner to grant the permission.
- Go to Zoom and sign in with your credentials.
- Locate Profile from the navigation panel.
- Click Edit, just on the right-side of your Zoom name.
- Enter the pronouns that you want in the Pronouns field.
- Furthermore, will you see Share in a meeting or webinar? dropdown option, there are three options available to choose from; let’s see what does they indicates.
- Ask me every time: When this option is selected, every time the Zoom will ask you whether you wish to show the Pronouns with the attendees to the Zoom Meetings you host or join.
- Always share: By default, Zoom will show your Pronouns next to the Zoom Display Name despite you host or join any meeting.
- Do not share: Your pronouns won’t appear next to your Zoom Display Name; either you host or join any meeting link. If you go with this option, you’ll need to manually follow the process to show the pronouns to Zoom in meetings.
- Once you’re done with choosing an appropriate setting, click Save.
How to Share Pronouns in Zoom Meetings (when Prompted)
If you go with the Ask me every time option during setup, then the Zoom app will always ask whether you wish to share the pronouns to every new meeting you host or join.
A prompt will show up with Share and Don’t Share, select the one appropriate for you.
How to Manually Share Pronouns in Zoom
While adding Pronouns to Zoom, if you choose Do not share, then pronouns won’t appear, neither will any prompt come asking you to add pronouns, though you can manually share and unshare pronouns at any time.
- While in Zoom Meeting, select the Participants option from the meeting controls toolbar.
- Click on the More button on your name.
- Select Share My Pronouns.
- For this particular meeting, your Pronouns will appear next to the Zoom Display Name, in the participant video or thumbnail, and also in the Participant list.
- Hover the mouse on your video and then select the three buttons in the upper-right corner and choose to Share My Pronouns.
How to Manually Unshare your Pronouns in Zoom
- Click on the Participants in an ongoing Zoom meeting.
- Select More; when you hover the mouse over your name, More will show up.
- Choose Unshare My Pronouns.
- Click on the three dots in the upper-right screen on your video thumbnail and select Unshare My Pronouns.