Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Most of the people are avoiding backup before Update or Upgrade iOS & device. Not for the particular reasons but might be one of them: iTunes/Finder backup taking too much time, Backup process stuck, Won’t able to use the iCloud sign-in – Not enough space in iCloud. But good habits on taking backup iPhone regularly on time interval proved very helpful for the later date.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Let’s see the options available for taking backup iPhone, iPad after that use for restoring or Extract data on Mac or PC.
Backup iPhone, Different methods for using Finder/iTunes or iCloud
When you connect your iPhone to iTunes on PC or Mac, from default settings (iCloud or This Computer) you device first backup on Finder/iTunes automatically based on preset options (iCloud or This Computer), then we can do further use of Finder/iTunes for sync Songs, Photos, Apps and more. (See the below Device Summary screen).
Restore Backup Using Finder on macOS Catalina
- Open Finder on Mac. & Connect iPhone to Mac using Lightning cable.
- Now, Your iPhone will show on Finder under the locations. Click on it. unlock your iPhone and Enter the lock screen passcode to access your iPhone under the finder.
- Next, select the radio button option Backup all the on your iPhone/iPad to this Mac, after that click on the “Backup Now” option next to Under the backups section. Wait for Few Minutes, And After that, we can check recent backup under the manage backups option. Also, Delete too old backup that releases Gigabytes of storage on Mac. [Check video Tutorial on How to Take a Backup using Finder on Mac, Manage Backup and Restore on iPhone/iPad]. Without Finder, We can take a full backup on iCloud from iPhone/iPad. So read on this article and get the ideas on how to take a backup in Apple iCloud Server.
Now, Finder will show a popup with last all recent backups, check the backup date and select the backup file that you want a copy on your iPhone.
Restore Backup Using iTunes on Mac or PC [Apple Shutting Down iTunes shortly]
We can bypass auto-backup start every time on connect iPhone to iTunes by using iPhone sync iTunes over WiFi.
Use iTunes for iPhone Backup
1. Connect your iPhone/ iPad or iPod with iTunes via lightning cable.
2. The device will appear in iTunes, Click on it, Go to the Summary page.
3. Click on Backup Now options. Anytime we can Manually find old backups.
Wait for few minutes, it’s swift and secure [No risk for use later]. Gigabytes of backup data saved in 5 to 10 minutes.
Have you set the auto backup option is iCloud? All the necessary data only save to iCloud whenever we connect iPhone to iTunes.
Use iCloud for OTA Backup
1. Go to the Settings app on iPhone, iPad or iPod.
2. Tap on the Profile (See on iOS 10.3 or later), Next Tap on iCloud.
iOS 10.2.1 and Older: Go to the Settings > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Enable, Backup Now
3. Scroll down on the screen, Find iCloud Backup option.
Tap on it, Enable iCloud Backup toggle and Start backup by a single tap on “Back Up Now.”
Use Software for Mac or PC
Backup procedure equal from the first device apple launched. So above steps are compatible with iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5S, iPhone 6/6S, iPhone SE, iPhone 7/ 7 Plus, iPhone 7/ 7 Plus red, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X and iPad, iPod Touch.
In the present circumstances, we have enough options to find the best iTunes alternatives from third-party sellers. Some of our favorite we analyst in past time and shared in an article: Free and Pro iTunes alternatives.
Are you tired from Different iOS issues, Stuck or Freeze screen, App crashing, Go with Backup full iPhone, Clean install then Restore backup. Enjoy refreshed iPhone like new in just three steps.
Above backup methods are very useful on restore iPhone from old backup or recent.