Last Updated on Dec 19, 2020
For many employees and small business firms, Outlook is one stop to connect with their Clients, store their necessary information, such as Contacts, Calendars, Schedules, Custom Templates, and more. And there are several reasons why do you want to backup Outlook Data, for instance, while changing the PC or Hard Drive or Installing New Update and more. To avoid losing all these data, backup your Outlook Account and Data, to somewhere safe.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
It’s fairly easy to copy and move all the Outlook Data to anywhere, but make sure you’re referring safer location, just to make sure people won’t misuse the data. Let’s start from scratch.
Note: Unfortunately iPhone, Android Users can’t extract or Backup Data from the Outlook app.
Backup or Copy Outlook Mails, Contacts, Calendar, and Other Data
Compatible Outlook Versions: Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, and Outlook for Microsoft 365
On Mac: Export Outlook Data on MacBook, Mac
- Open Outlook app on Mac. Now, Now Click on Tools tab.
[Note: if tools Tab not showing on latest Microsoft Outlook App on Mac, then Switch Back using the Toggle given on App at the top right corner of the screen.] Here’s a toggle showing the below image for a move back to an earlier version of the Outlook app.
- here’s the Export option, Click on it and select the Type of Data that you want to Export or Backup on your Local Drive. Here I am selecting Mail Only and Continue.
- Select Targeted Folder location and Save.
- That’s it. Follow the Below steps for windows users.
On PC [Windows 10]: Export Outlook Data on Windows 10
- Launch Outlook app on your PC. Click on the File option.
- Select Open & Export > Select Import & Export.
- Click on Export to a File > Click on Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) > Click on Next.
- Choose the Account with all mailbox tab from the dialog box and click on Next.
- Select Desired Backup location if you wish to change it. Click on Finish button.
- Next, See the Optional password window, Given password otherwise Save without password.
- That’s it.
Import Outlook Data File on Microsoft Outlook Data on Windows
Here are the critical steps for view all of the Emails that you saved on your Desktop locally for backup purposes. Follow the below steps to Recover Deleted Email and Restore on Outlook without Affect your Primary Email on Outlook. here I am restoring recently take a backup in the earlier step.
- Open Outlook app on windows and Click on the File option.
- Now, select Open & Export > Open Outlook Data File.
- Select Backup file [PST or Outlook Data file] and Click on ok.
- Here’s your Restored Outlook Data in the sidebar. Click on the Expand arrow to see all email subfolders.
- That’s it.
Which Outlook Data is Not Available in PST or .olm Files?
The PST Files contains all sort of important data that you would need, but if you’re backing up the Outlook, make sure to get all of it. Here’s how.
Your saved words in Outlook Dictionary:
- Dictionary stores the words that you don’t want Outlook to mark as misspelling, \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Uproof
Email Signatures Created in Outlook:
- \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures: The Signatures created in Outlook are stored in this mentioned path on your PC. .rtf, .txt, and .htm format files.
Emails saved as a template:
- Find the .oft files (Template.oft) here: \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates
Printer Settings That You’ve Created in Outlook:
- \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook, they are indicated by OutIPrnt.
Settings for send and receive schedules in Outlook:
- Look for the .srs files in the following path, \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook.
Keep your Outlook Data Safe and Use for Future use, Restore any time on Outlook to Retrieve all Deleted Emails and Data in Microsoft Outlook.