Last Updated on Sep 30, 2021
We all know, no other smartphone can beat Apple’s Security System in Apple Devices, whether it is iPod, iPhone, or iPad. However, sometimes highly secure iDevices can get you in trouble like if you have made incorrect attempts to unlock iPod Touch, it will straightly Disabled or Locked Out by Apple and there is no alternate way to unlock the disabled iPod Touch unless you chose to Restore it.
Besides, the data stored on the iPod can’t be accessible by you. So, the conclusion is the disabled iPod is of no use for you, if you want to keep the data, then you can’t unlock the iPod and without unlocking the disabled iPod, definitely, you can’t access the data stored. The only option left for you is to restore the iPod Touch using Finder or iTunes; at least you would get to use iPod Touch.
How to Reset Forgotten Password on iPod Touch: Locked Out or Disabled
There is no way to unlock disabled iPod Touch, without restoring iPod Touch. You can check out the below stepwise guide and reset the forgotten password on iPod Touch.
- Connect iPod Touch to the Mac/Windows using a Lightning cable.
- Launch Finder(in macOS) and iTunes(in Windows), after connecting iPod Touch to PC.
- Don’t panic, if iPod Touch doesn’t appear in PC, because the disabled iPod Touch won’t show up in iTunes and Finder.
- Now, force restart iPod Touch here’s how to do it.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Home button until Finder Screen with lightning cable appears on iPod.
- On your Mac or PC, a pop-up will show, click on Restore.
- Wait for a few minutes, the Finder/iTunes will download the latest software update and install it.
- You may need to enter the iCloud Password if Find My iPod service is enabled.
- Set up your iPod Touch, by following on-screen instructions and restore the latest backup, if you have one.