Last Updated on Aug 31, 2023
Connecting or how to connect Sony headphones to a Mac computer is a handy process. Whether you want to listen to music, make calls, watch videos, or connect it to enhance your overall listening experience. However, the procedure might be confusing if you recently bought new headphones or haven’t connected them before. But fuss not, as it’s not as complicated as you think, and this how-to guide will walk you through the steps.
This guide will show you how to connect any Sony headphones to the Mac computer.
What Kind of headphones does Sony make?
Unlike most audio headphone companies, Sony manufactures in-the-ear and over-the-ear headphones. Most of them are Bluetooth headphones, you can still go with the wired headphones. Connecting wired headphones is handy – all you need to do is plug into the headphone jack. Conversely, connecting the Bluetooth headphones is confusing, so we’ll show you can do it effortlessly.
How to connect Sony headphones to your Mac computer
The steps for connecting the Sony Bluetooth headphones to your Mac differ slightly depending on the model of headphones you have. But common steps are mentioned below.
- Turn on the Mac computer and use the login credentials to access it.
- Enable your Sony headphones.
- After this, navigate to the Apple Menu > System Settings… > Bluetooth.
- Putting your Sony headphones in pairing mode – you can do so by pressing and holding the pairing button for 10-15 seconds.
- When you see the headphones appear in the Bluetooth Pane in the System Settings…
- Select Connect next to their name.
- Wait for a few seconds, and your headphones will connect.
How to select your Sony headphones as sound output on your Mac
- Click on the Control Center next to the date and time in the Mac menu bar.
- Click on the arrow next to the Sound.
- Select your Sony headphones from there.
If you’re willing to change the sound output on your Mac computer to its speaker or a wireless speaker, follow steps 1 and 2 and select the desired option from there.
How to disconnect your Sony headphones from your Mac
Selecting a different output can prevent the sound from your Mac from coming out of your Sony headphones, but it doesn’t connect them. If you’re willing to disconnect your Sony headphones from your Mac, here’s how you can do it.
- Head to the Apple Menu.
- Select System Settings…
- Go to the Bluetooth Menu from the left pane.
- Search for your Sony Headphones in the list of devices.
- Choose Disconnect present next to your device.
- If you’re willing to prevent the headphones from connecting automatically in the future, select the “i” Icon next to the headphones and choose Forget This Device.
What to do if your Sony headphones are not pairing with your Mac
If your Sony headphone has never been connected to your Mac computer and you can’t get them connected to your Mac, try the following solution.
- Please turn off the headphones and then switch on them again.
- Ensure they are well-charged.
- Also, check that your headphones are in pairing mode, and you can try connecting them. Check the manual if you aren’t sure about how to put headphones in pairing mode.
- Disable Bluetooth on your Mac and enable it once again.
- Disconnect other Bluetooth peripherals that are currently connected to Mac.
- Head to the System Settings… > Software Update, make sure your Mac is updated to the latest macOS version.
- Restart your Mac computer.
If you have connected your Sony headphones to your Mac earlier and they won’t get paired again, here are some solutions you must try on your device.
- Check if your Bluetooth device is disconnected from another device.
- Also, check the headphones are switched on, and the battery is well-charged.
- Disable Bluetooth on your Mac and then enable it again.
- Make your Mac forget the headphones; for this, navigate to the Apple Menu > System Settings… > Bluetooth > “i” Icon next to your Bluetooth Name > Forget. Then, reconnect your Bluetooth headphones from scratch.
In conclusion, connecting your Sony headphone to your Mac computer is straightforward. Thus, with the increased demand for wireless headphones every day, this guide has provided information you just need.