Last Updated on Nov 23, 2020
In this article, you can learn everything about essentials on live Photos including how to take Live Photos, Extract a picture from a Live Photo, trim Live photos, Edit Live Photos in iOS on iPhones and iPad Pro. Live images not just a traditional photo but that gives little alive emotion with sound before and after you capture a picture. So it Makes your Photos app Albums pretty memorable and amazing. To take live photos is simple like a standard photo. But so far to edit live images was difficult into past iOS.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Before getting started you need to know what is a Key photo for live photos? The Key Photo is a single frame of a particular live Photo that looks like a featured image in Photos Album.
Complete Guide on Edit Live Photos on iPhone, iPad Pro, iPads
Set Key Live Photos on iPhone
- Step #1. Open the Photos app from your iPhone home screen.
- Step #2. Now choose the Live Photo which you want to edit.
- Step #3. Tap the Edit button.
- Step #4. Now, on the scrubber that appears at the bottom of the screen, you have to select the frame which you want to set as the new Key Photo.
- Step #5. Tap Done and save the change.
I think, still, your Live Photos editing incomplete. To make your live photos pretty cool, you can use the built-in tool and photo editing functions like photo crop, photo rotating, new filters, light/ color/ Black &white and Markup as well third-party tools, for example, You Doodle to overlay text on the Picture.
How to Use Markup tool in Live Photo
Indeed, there isn’t any way to use Markup in live Photos editing, but it will ask you want to convert the still frame to handle the Markup tool.
- Step #1. Launch the Photos App then Select a Live Photo and tap Edit.
In iOS 13: More Button moved to Top right corner of your iPhone screen.
- Step #2. Tap on the More (three dots placed in the circle) option. You will get a pop-up on the screen says Live Photo Will be turned off, and edits will apply to see the still photo only.
- Step #3. Now tap Markup and use all available functions free of cost.
How to Mute Sound of Live Photos on iPhone?
Yes, it is possible to remove interference that could destroy the perfect picture of yours.
- Launch Photos App > Open a Live Photo > Edit > Tap on Sound icon.
Apply new Effects to Live Photo on iPhone
- Step #1. Launch the Photos app → Choose a Live Photo.
- Step #2. Next, you need to swipe up on your photo.
- Step #3. Here you have four options: Live, Loop, Bounce and Long Exposure; tap on the effect that you want to use.
How to Trim Live Photos on iPhone and iPad Pro
- Step #1. Take a Live photo or open the Photos App and choose the live Photo which you want to trim.
- Step #2. Tap the Edit button.
- Step #3. on the scrubber that appears at the bottom of the screen, You need to set the frame to the left and right side as you want to keep.
- Step #4. After trimming live photos, don’t forget to tap Done because it does work to save changes.
Undo/Revert Live Photos to Original on iPhone/ iPad
- Step #1. Open the Photos App – Choose a Live Photo – Hit Edit button.
- Step #2. Tap on Revert option appears at the bottom right corner of the screen and then tap again on Revert to Original to Confirm undo
The Live Photo will immediately be reverted to the original live Photos.
How to Edit Live Photos to Bounce on iPhone?
To add a bounce effect on Live Photos on iPhone, it won’t take more than a minute with the following steps. Once you select the Bounce option, iPhone will take 2-3seconds to convert Live Photo to Bounce.
- Open the Live Photo that you would like to edit.
- Now, swipe up from the middle of the
- Find and tap on Bounce.
How to Loop Live Photos on iPhone?
Just like adding Bounce effect to Live Photos, you can Loop Live Photos on iPhone.
- After opening Live Photo, swipe up from the middle.
- Select Loop.
How to Select Frame from Live Photos on iPhone?
If you don’t like by default frame of Live Photo, then you have an option to select the frame to live photos and set it as a key picture of Live Photos.
- Go to the Photos app and open the Live Photo.
- To bring up editing options, tap Edit.
- Select the Live option.
- And now, the Frame of Live Photo will appear, drag around the Live Photo to set it as a new frame. On releasing the white box, tap on Make Key Photo to set a new frame from the live photo.
- Tap Done to save Live Photo.
How to Convert Live Photos to Still?
There is no straight way to convert the live photos to static or still; however we’ve got a trick to do it. Learn how it can be done.
- Tap on the Live Photo to open it.
- Tap on Menu as shown in the image.
- Choose Markup.
- Adding text in Live Photos is not allowed, so when the pop-up appears, ‘Live Photo will be turned off and edits will apply to the still photo only’, tap OK.
- Now the Live Photo is converted to still photo if you don’t want to add markup then, tap Done to save it.
How to Add Text in Live Photos on iPhone?
Currently, iPhone doesn’t provide any specific option to add text in live photos and even if you try to do so, the Live Photo will be converted to the normal picture and then you can add text in it. Here’s how to add text to photos on the iPhone.
- Go to the Live Photo and tap on three dots.
- Tap Markup.
- Read the instruction and still if you want to add text, tap OK and find your font style and size to add text.
All steps apply on live Photos Supported iPhones (iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, 8 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S+, iPhone 7/ 7 Plus, iPhone SE and later) and iPad Pro without worry. And enjoy new decorative live photos for all time.
Share your Live Photos on Whatsapp, Facebook Messager as a Gif without a headache with your buddies and friends. Like this post? Share it. Be helpful to others.