Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
California, Whatsapp has been very improved and more featured full in a short time period. After added Search/Send Gif on Whatsapp, it once again rolled out in this month and introducing video call features the latest iOS running iPhone users. Download Whatsapp’s latest version to access highly anticipated Whatsapp Video calling on iPhone or other Smartphone, both sender and recipient must have fresh version app. know here how works and make Whatsapp Video Call on iPhone.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
To Update Whatsapp on iPhone:
Go App Store (enter Apple ID and Passcode, if asked) → Tap on your Profile picture appear on the right-upper side of the screen → now scroll the screen and under the Update section find Whatsapp and tap Update button next to the update tab. That’s it.
How to Use WhatsApp Video Call on iPhone
- Step 1. Launch the latest Whatsapp on iPhone.
- Step 2. Tap on the Chats tab next to the contacts.
- Step 3. Open a Contact conversion to make a video call as you would.
- Now, you will have to tap on the ‘Video call’ icon at the top right corner of a chat to start the video call.
As you are using the Whatsapp Video Calling feature on iPhone, you could switch rear and front cameras like other iPhone Video calling apps. On running call you can send the text message, will get a notification, etc.
How to Make a Group Video Call on WhatsApp iPhone
WhatsApp allows people to make a group video and Audio call up to 4 People at once. Anytime any Group member left Video/Audio call. Here’s the Steps for Start Group Video call on WhatsApp iPhone app.
- Make a Simple Video call to one Person from your WhatsApp app showing in the above steps.
- Now, Add Another person from your WhatsApp Contacts, Tap on the plus (+) sign and Search Contact that you want to invite in Group video call.
- That’s it. Next, we will see how to Delete WhatsApp call from History on the iPhone WhatsApp app.
How to Clear Video/Audio Call From History
WhatsApp allows us to Delete or remove Call History for Privacy reasons. So we can delete only single or multiple Whatsapp Video/Audio History from iPhone.
- Open the WhatsApp app on iPhone.
- Tap on Chat Tab from the bottom of your iPhone.
- Next, Swipe to the right to delete Video call History.
- That’s it.
How to Clear All Video Calls From WhatsApp History on iPhone
Remove all the Video/Audio call history from your iPhone WhatsApp app.
- Open the WhatsApp app on iPhone.
- Tap on the Chats tab from the bottom.
- Tap on the Edit button from the top left corner of the iPhone screen.
- Tap on Clear from Right Top corner of the screen.
- That’s it.
On-screen, you could also get a microphone to mute current call, as well as in between a red color button to cancel a call or to do Missed call. In addition, in Whatsapp app you also see recants call history, Missed Call as like an iPhone phone app.
Therefore, now with free Video calls, you can have face-to-face chats with your family members and friends around the world.
→ Note: Data charges may apply during Whatsapp Video calling on iPhone.
If you try to Whatsapp Video calling with your enrolled contact and that person has no latest version then your screen will show you call failed because you couldn’t place call person needs to update WhatsApp to receive video calls.
Why Can’t I Video Call on WhatsApp?
There are several reasons which will show you why Video Calling on WhatsApp Not Working,
1. Check Network Connection
To make a video call on WhatsApp, it is necessary that your iPhone, as well as the recipient’s phone, must have an active internet connection; otherwise, WhatsApp video call won’t be connected.
You can try disabling and enabling Cellular Data or Wi-Fi whichever your iPhone is connected to or switch to either of them.
2. Update WhatsApp & iPhone
Even if everything is OK, and an app is causing random problems, then better open the App Store and update that app. Likewise, if your WhatsApp is not updated to the latest version, then go to the App Store, tap on your Profile and scroll down to update the WhatsApp. Or simply touch and hold on the WhatsApp icon and select Updates.
The iOS 12 or earlier can go to the App Store and tap on the Updates tab to update the WhatsApp.
Similarly, you can check for the software updates of the iPhone from the Settings app > General > Software Update.
3. Force Closing the WhatsApp could also help get back the video calling feature to work.
4. Reinstall the WhatsApp
Before you delete the WhatsApp, make sure to create a backup of WhatsApp Chats otherwise you’ll lose all of your chats.
To backup WhatsApp,
- Go to the WhatsApp > Settings tab > tap Chat Backup and Backup Now.
- Now close the WhatsApp and press and hold the WhatsApp icon and when (x) appears tap to delete it.
You can try calling another contact to make sure the problem is not specific to a single contact. If so, then send this troubleshooting to another contact and ask them to follow the same steps to fix the issue on their side.
Can I Make Video Call on WhatsApp Web?
No, there is no official feature available by WhatsApp to make a video call on WhatsApp Web. However you can download the BlueStacks emulator and set up WhatsApp there to use the video calling feature on WhatsApp, technically it isn’t the WhatsApp Web.
How Do I Video Chat on WhatsApp on my MacBook?
If you are looking for an answer for How can I video call from my laptop to WhatsApp? Unfortunately, the web version of WhatsApp doesn’t have a feature of Video Call, you can only video call using your iOS App.
According to reports, Whatsapp is also processing for two-factor authentication. So stay keep in touch to know the next update and deep tutorial guide. Do you want to change Whatsapp ringtone on iPhone?