Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
iPhone has its own benefits but also much more limitations that make users frustrated sometimes. Like the one that we have discussed in this article, that you cannot set any song as a ringtone without following lengthy procedure. We include other tricks that help in break 30 seconds audio file limitations, without pay or Purchase from iTunes store. But still, if you have decided to create a custom ringtone for iPhone 11 (Pro Max), XS Max/XR then read on the page and get to know how to create and set custom ringtone in iPhone XS Max/XR.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
There are two different to add ringtones in iPhone and iPad, one is without iTunes, and another is with iTunes. Without iTunes, you have to take help of third-party software, and yes it is a straightforward process when we compare with iTunes.
In Just Less or Equal 3 Minutes, – It’s Amazing, Don’t miss to share.
- Download Song on your Mac/PC Or Laptop. – 30 Seconds
- Convert into mp3 to m4r online. – 30 Seconds
- Copy m4r file to iTunes/Finder and Sync iPhone to iTunes/Finder. – 1 Minute
Method 1: No iTunes on Mac! How to Make Custom Ringtone Using Music app on macOS Catalina Mac
No iTunes for macOS Catalina, Now Mac users can use Music App instead of iTunes. Also, macOS Mojave & Earlier macOS and Windows PC users can use iTunes [Explained in 2nd Method of this article]. Follow the below steps for sync any song as a ringtone on iPhone, iPad. Follow the below steps for sync any song on Finder Mac as a ringtone on iPhone, iPad. We can manage Songs on Mac’s Music app after no iTunes.
- 1. First, connect your iPhone/iPad to Mac using the original lightning cable. And unlock your iPhone to show on Mac. also Wait for a few seconds.
- 2. After that, Launch Music app from spotlight search (Command + Space). On Music, app sidebar clicks on your iPhone name.
- 3. All the music from your iPhone will see here. Now Drag your Ringtone to this windows and wait for sync automatically. Ringtone must be 30 second or lower. Ringtone music file format must be m4r. (Convert your mp3 file to m4r online).
Wait for few seconds, until your iPhone/iPad Sync with a Music app on Mac.
- 4. Now Ringtone moved to iPhone, Set newly added custom ringtone on iPhone under the settings app.
- 5: Settings > Sound & Haptics > Ringtone (Under the Reingones), The first section is only for Custom ringtone.
iOS 13/iPadOS: To Delete Custom Ringtone from iPhone, Swip to lift to find delete option, and delete ringtone completely from iPhone/iPad. Now check or Set recently added ringtone from iPhone settings app, Settings > Sound & Haptics > Ringtone > Select Recently added ringtones always at the top.
MacOS Mojave and Earlier MacOS, Windows users use iTunes to transfer custom ringtone from Mac/PC to iPhone. Follow the next method.
Method 2: How to make a ringtone on iTunes for iPhone
For Windows and macOS Mojave and Earlier mac, users can use this method to make custom ringtone for iPhone and transfer to your iOS device.
How to create and add ringtones in iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR with iTunes
- Step #1: Launch “iTunes”.
- Step #2: From the iTunes library, pick your favorite song that you want to edit.
- Step #3: Right-click on the Song and then choose to “Get Info”.
- Step #4: Now when Get Info panel, click on “Options” tab.
- Step #5: There you have to decide the Start and End time of the song. Keep note that the End time should not exceed 30seconds.
For a precise selection of ringtone, you must determine which part of the song that you want as a ringtone for your iPhone and then check the start time and end time of that part. Enter the Start Time and End Time and proceed. Besides, mark the Start time and End time boxes.
- Step #6: Next click on the track and select it.
- Step #7: From the “Menu Bar”, select File.
- Step #8: Now, click on “Convert”. And lastly, click on “Create AAC Version”.
The iTunes will convert the selected part of the song to the ringtone by creating a new file but with the different length. You will find this new file right below the original song in iTunes.
- Step #9: Right-click on that new track and choose “Show in Finder”. In case you are using Windows then click on “Show in Windows Explorer”. The new song will be in .m4a format. Select it.
- Step #10: Now you have to replace the .m4a extension to .m4r. Don’t rename the name of the song. Now when a pop-up asks you to keep .m4r format click on “Use .m4r”.
- Step #11: From the iTunes delete the new song. Removing the new song that means your new ringtone got a boarding pass to your iPhone, so remove it from iTunes.
- Step #12: Open “Finder” and double-click on the song with .m4r format.
- Step #13: Select “Tones” option. And Drag file to “Tones Section”.
- Step #14: Now, click on “Sync All Tones” and select “Sync” button which is on the bottom of the screen.
- Step #15: Let’s the Syncing process gets completed.
Now, after sync and added new ringtone using iTunes on your iPhone. You need to select or set as a ringtone on your iPhone. Don’t unplug your iPhone, you can at the same time using below steps,
Once done, you can set the ringtone in the following way.
- Step #1: Navigate to “Settings” app in the iOS device.
- Step #2: Select “Sounds & Haptics”.
- Step #3: Tap on “Ringtones”.
Method 3: How to Add Ringtones in iPhone without iTunes
Today we are suggesting you all-in-one software for iPhone that is AnyTrans. With the help of AnyTrans, we can simply add the ringtones to the iPhone. There is no need to follow that long haul procedure of iTunes.
Guide on how to set ringtone in iPhone without iTunes on iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS and iPhone XR. I got the message and requested from online forums on iPhone users are unable to add a custom ringtone.
- Step #1: Connect iPhone to the computer and launch “AnyTrans”.
- Step #2: Click on “Device Manager”.
- Step #3: Next, click on “Audio”.
- Step #4: Select “Ringtones”.
- Step #5: Click on the (+) which is located on the top-right of the screen.
- Step #6: Browse the ringtones that you want to add.
- Step #7: Next select “Open” button to add the ringtones to your iPhone XS Max/XR.
To set the Ringtone in iPhone XS Max/XR without iTunes follow the steps,
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Tap “Sounds & Haptics”.
- Step #3: Select “Ringtone”.
- Step #4: There you will find Default Ringtones as well as the ringtones that you have added using AnyTrans software.
Hope you like my tutorial on how to set custom ringtone on iPhone. Follow us on social to get more update that you notified first.