Last Updated on Jul 15, 2021
You should see the Shared with You section inside few apps like Photos, Podcasts, Safari, Apple TV, Apple News, and more. More precisely, this feature makes the shared content like links, photos, videos in Messages across its relative App, so whenever you want to revisit and see that photo, videos, or news, just open that App and look for the Shared with You section, rather than scrolling the Messages Chat.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
With new macOS Monterey and iOS 15, Apple launched the Shared with You feature that makes it easy to see and access the content shared with you over the Messages App. If you’ve updated the system to the latest macOS Monterey or new and iOS 15 or newer
This article will show you the stepwise process to get rid of the Shared with You section on any iPhone, Mac if you really don’t want to use it. Start by knowing what is Shared with You, and then if you’re not satisfied with it, simply disable it.
What is Shared with You in Mac, iPhone: How Does It Work and How to Disable It?
Shared with You is a root that starts from the Messages App and expands to several different apps like Photos, News, Podcasts, Safari, and more. Basically, when any content is shared with you over the Messages App, and it belongs to any of the mentioned apps, it will directly appear in the respective App, labeled by the Shared with You section.
How to Disable Shared with You in Mac, MacBook
Shared with You section can be turned off for all apps at once, as well as for particular apps. We’ve clearly mentioned a separate stepwise guide to disable Shared with You for all apps and individual apps too.
For All Apps:
- Launch Messages app in Mac.
- Click on Messages in the top menu bar. Go to Preferences.
- Select the Shared with You tab.
- Click the Turn Off… button to disable the Shared with You feature in Mac.
For Particular App:
- Open Messages app in Mac.
- In the top menu bar, click on the Messages label.
- Select Preferences.
- Go to the Share with You tab.
- Uncheck the Apps like Podcasts, TV, Safari, Photos, or more, if any, of which you don’t want to receive the Shared with You content.
How to Disable Shared with You in iPhone
For All Apps:
- Launch the Settings App.
- Swipe down the list and tap on the Messages app.
- There look for the Shared with You, tap on it.
- Toggle Automatic Sharing Off.
For Individual Apps:
- Open the Settings App.
- Go to the Messages App.
- Tap Shared with You.
You can turn off Shared with You for the apps which are available in the list, like Photos, Podcasts, Safari, Music, TV, etc.