The “Remind me to take a break” feature available on YouTube is a part of YouTube’s Digital Wellbeing tools. This feature is designed to help users manage their screen time more effectively by allowing them to set a reminders at specific time intervals. The reminder prompts users to take a break from watching videos. Here’s a brief overview of how it works:
Are you struggling to control your screen time while using the YouTube app on your iPhone? Fear not, as the “Remind me to take a break” feature can help you manage it. Here is a step-by-step guide to set it up:
Note: YouTube users aged 13-17 have the “take a break” reminder turned on by default. Users 18 and over have it turned off by default. You can change this setting at any time.
Steps to Set YouTube Remind me to take a break in iOS
1. Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on your profile icon located in the bottom left corner of the screen to access the account menu.
3. Find and tap on the “Settings” option.
4. Inside the General section, you’ll find the “Remind me to take a break” feature. Turn the toggle to the right side next to it.
5. You can now choose the reminder frequency of how often you want YouTube to remind you to take a break. You can set this in terms of hours and minutes, depending on how frequently you want to be reminded.
6. After setting the desired interval, Tap on OK.
Now, when you use YouTube, it will remind you to take a break at the intervals you’ve set. This reminder will pause your video and display a message on the screen.
Don’t let reminders disrupt your video-watching experience. With the Dismiss option, you can seamlessly continue watching while the reminder fades away. If you need to adjust the reminder frequency or switch it off entirely, head to Settings.
Keep in Mind:-
- If you pause a video for more than 30 minutes, switch devices, sign out, or close the app, the timer will reset.
- The timer doesn’t run when watching offline videos or casting from your phone.