Last Updated on Jun 12, 2021
Have you ever think that why my credit card or debit card fails while purchasing Apple products and works perfectly while using outdoors? Well, it can be insufficient payment information or your Apple ID itself is an issue. However, many people have also mentioned that the previous payment method was working correctly but now iTunes or App Store saying that your payment method was declined.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
This tutorial will answer all of your questions, like how to update a payment method, how to remove the payment methods on the iPhone and more. Alongside, the solution to why can’t i update my payment method on the iPhone?
How to Update Apple Payment Methods on iPhone, Mac, Windows, and Android
How to Update Apple ID Payment Information on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap on your name’s
- Select the iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on the Apple ID, on which you want to change payment details.
- Hit View Apple ID and sign in if asked. [Enter Apple ID password or use Face ID/Touch ID to Authonticate]
- Lastly, select Manage Payments.
How to Add Payment Method on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- Navigate to the Settings
- Tap on your name.
- Go to iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on Email ID, which is your Apple ID and then View Apple ID.
- Sign in to your Apple ID.
- Open Manage Payments. For Earlier iOS, you have to tap on Payment Information.
How to Remove Payment Method on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- Open the Settings app and tap on your name.
- Select the iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID and View Apple ID, later sign in if you are asked to.
- Go to Manage Payments.
- On the Upper-Right corner, tap on Edit.
- To remove the payment method, tap on RED MINUS SIGN or alternatively swipe from right-to-left and delete.
How to Rearrange the Apple Payment Methods,
Follow the steps up to 5 of the above tutorial and re-order the payment methods.
From that screen, you can rearrange the Payment Methods, after tapping on Edit, touch and move on the three-lines to re-order the payment method to up or down. Based on the arrangements, Apple will charge payment methods. However, it is not possible to rearrange the Apple ID balance.
How to Change/Add/Remove/Rearrange Payment Methods on your Mac
- Launch the App Store on macOS.
- Updating Payment Method, to do so, click on the Edit option, on the desire payment method and enter the security code printed behind the card.
- To Add New Payment Method, click on Add Payment.
- Remove Payment Method, likewise, click on the Edit menu and then select Remove.
- To Rearrange Payment Methods, click on the upper-lower arrow next to the Payment Methods, to move up, click on the upper arrow and to move down, click on down arrow.
- Payment will be charged by Apple depending upon the order of payment methods.
- Also, Apple ID Balance cannot be rearranged.
How to Change/Update/Add/Remove Payment Methods on Android, Windows PC or on Non-Apple Device
Using iTunes on Windows PC and Microsoft Surface,
- Launch iTunes on respective PC.
- Click on the Profile icon, located on the top menu bar.
- Then click View My Account.
- If you are asked to enter the Apple ID and Password, proceed with that.
- You can cross-check the Apple ID Summary with your financial institution to be safe.
- In the row of Payment Information, click on Manage Payments.
- For older iTunes, you may not find this option, so click on Edit next to Payment Type.
- Now you can Update/Add/Delete as well as Rearrange Payment Methods.
- To Update Payment Method on iTunes, click on Edit.
- To Add Payment Method on iTunes, click on Add.
- Likewise, you can remove the payment method and rearrange, However, keep in mind that the sequence of your Payment Methods will be taken in command by Apple to charge for services if you are using any.
How to Change Payment Methods on Android or Google Chromebook
Changing the payment method using the Android or Google Chromebook is not so recommended, because, it will delete all other payment methods except the primary payment method from all the Apple devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID. In short, it will only keep the primary payment method on your Apple ID.
- Go to the Apple Music App on Android or Google Chromebook.
- On the top-right side, tap on three vertical dots to expand options.
- Go to Account.
- Tap Payment Information.
- From there you can update and delete the payment information. However, to delete the payment method, choose None.
- Also, you can check the details summarized on the screen with financial institutions.
How to Change Payment Method from tv.apple.com
It is not allowed to edit the payment information if your account consists of more than one payment method on file.
- Click on the tv.apple.com.
- On the top-screen, click on the Profile and sign in with Apple ID.
- Select Account Settings.
- Click Edit, under Payment Type.
Why Does Apple Keep Saying My Payment Method Was Declined?
For any reason Apple keeps saying my payment method was declined, you need to update or change the payment method on your Apple ID.
Apple will show the following message if any unpaid balance on App Store or iTunes Stores occurs,
“There is a billing problem with a previous purchase. Please edit your billing info to correct the problem.”
“There is billing problem with a previous purchase. Click Purchase History to view and correct the problem. If you cancel you will not be able to buy until this billing issue has been resolved.”
So there is only one way to fix the billing issue, change or update the Payment Methods by using any of the above guides. And later you can make purchases and unpaid balance will also charge.
Check Purchase History for Unpaid Purchases on iPhone
From the iPhone, you can make sure how many unpaid purchases are pending. Due to some or other reasons, the payment methods are declined by Apple and we though that amount has been deducted and paid to Apple of respective purchases. To make sure see the steps,
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap on your name and select the iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID and then View Apple ID.
- Sign in.
- Go to Purchase History and look for unpaid purchases if any.