Last Updated on Jan 8, 2022
Apple TV is worth considering if you want to buy a new TV for your home, though it is costly, it is best. None of the smart TV is efficient concerning features and clarity compared to Apple TVs. Unluckily, there are some users after spend thousands of bucks on Apple TV; their Apple TV is stuck on a black screen.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Apart from these minor errors, believe me, Apple TV is the best smart TV in the world. There are several ways that are potential to fix Apple TV’s black screen issues. Carefully follow the article to resolve the issue quickly.
Generally, Apple Tv black screen shows on Netflix, Airplay, flesh, flicker, audio-only, blinking light, during music, HDR, or Apple tv black screen intermittent. These all kinds of errors can be resolved by following steps.
Troubleshooting Steps to fix Apple TV 4k Black Screen Issue
Solution 1: Restart the Apple TV
We have only two options to fix Apple TV’s black screen issues, and both are capable of getting positive results. In case you can’t solve this issue on your own then you might need to contact Apple support. Head over to restart the Apple TV,
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” of the Apple TV
- Step #2: Select “General” from the list.
- Step #3: Scroll down to the last and then Choose “Restart”.
An alternate way to restart the Apple TV,
- Step #1: Take out the Apple TV Remote.
- Step #2: I assume that TV is turned on.
- Step #3: Press and hold the “Down button” and “Menu button” for almost 10 seconds.
- Step #4: When you encounter light blinking on the TV, leave those buttons.
- Step #5: Lastly unplug the power adapter and plug it back after sometime.
For Example, Apple tv Netflix black screen with sound [when you are tired to play a tv show or movie ]
try the solution 1st and solution 2nd
→Unplug your Apple TV and the TV it’s connected to from power for at least 2 minutes.
→Plug both devices back in.
→Turn both devices back on.
→Try Netflix again.
Solution #2. You should troubleshoot your hardware connection
due to HDCP issue, your Apple TV Netflix error occurred
- Ensure that you are using an HDMI cable.
- Bypass any receivers or stereo equipment by connecting your device directly to your TV.
- Try reversing the ends of the HDMI cable.
- Try a new HDMI cable.
- Try another HDMI port on your TV.
- If available, try an HDMI port on another TV
- If you were able to stream on another TV, there may be an issue with the HDMI port on the original TV. Contact the TV manufacturer for further assistance.
in the case of Apple Tv black screen Netflix with sound at any other time,
→Netflix currently researching this error. To get more help please contact customer service.
Solution 2: Reset to Factory Settings
Simple restart didn’t work out? Try to restore the Apple TV to factory settings. Once you restore the Apple TV, the TV will be set up with the new updates. If it takes more time, don’t worry due to the slow internet speed it happens.
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” of the Apple TV.
- Step #2: Choose “General”.
- Step #3: Select “Reset”.
- Step #4: Finally you have to select the “Restore”.
After selecting Restore, the Apple TV will download and install the latest software update. Keep note that does not turn off the Apple TV during this process.
How to restore Apple TV using iTunes
- Step #1: Disconnect all the cables from the Apple TV and power cord too.
- Step #2: Now, launch the latest version of iTunes on your computer. If you don’t have the latest version, then update the iTunes first.
- Step #3: Open the “iTunes” on the computer.
- Step #4: Connect the Apple TV with the PC.
- Step #5: Choose your Apple TV from the iTunes screen.
- Step #6: Select “Restore Apple TV”.
- Step #7: Wait for a while, depending on the speed of the internet the Apple TV will complete the process.
Probably the Apple TV black screen issue would be fixed by now.