Updated 14, sep 2019. Accidentally, On iMessage activation displaying alert iMessage “Waiting for activation” error on first time, Due to many reasons, In The Long Run, are you getting Screen with message Activation Unsuccessful. Turn on iMessage to try again. it Doesn’t matter you’re iMessage Won’t activate with AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon and Any other mobile carriers [Globally].
iMessage by Apple service start from iOS 5 to till today’s iOS 13/iOS 12. So iMessage is very useful and popular, each of iPhone lovers uses this free messaging service with different effects apart from text messaging. It’s hence that. You can save text messaging (That’s limited depends on your line), Send messages over Wi-Fi and Data plan as well as free of cost to any number.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Let’s start with the possible solution on iMessage “Waiting for activation” error.
Here is the list of alternatives solutions on Solve iMessage “waiting for activation” error message showing on iPhone.
Solution 1: Disable or Enable iMessage app on iPhone
- Go to The settings.
- Under the Settings, → Message, turn off or disable toggle for iMessage
- Wait for 24 hours, turn on again iMessage service on your iPhone and iPad
You Have to enough Balance for Prepaid or CDMA users or Free SMS for Postpaid or GSM users. Carrier will charge for international Message. Indians have to pay INR5 [Airtel, Vodafone, Jio – Free]. Are you in USA then share your charged in comment?
how long does iMessage wait for activation?
It will take up to 24 hours for successfully activate iMessage on your phone number.
Carrier will charge for Text Message on Disable or Enable iMessage Because Carrier sends your device details to apple. If you have free text then there is no charge.
→ Sometimes, Messaging service stopped during activation time by the cellular company on an overdue bill or unexpected reasons. Please contact the carrier and ask about it.
Solution 2: Restart or Reboot iPhone: iPhone
- Sometimes your screen will stuck or freeze with iMessage activation error popup on activation. Showing the wrong message on the screen after successfully activate at the carrier end.
- I would like to recommend, Restart or Force Restart (iPhone, iPad Cellular)
- Sometimes, iPhone is displaying “iMessage waiting for Activation Stuck” and not Updated Status on iPhone screen under settings. Go to below,
Hard Reboot iPhone 8/8 Plus/ iPhone X Users:
1: Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
2: Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
3: Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on Screen.
To Start iPhone, Again press Side button until the startup Apple logo on the screen.
iPhone 5/ 5S, iPhone 6/6S, 6S Plus/ 6 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep-wake/ Power button until you show the slide to power off option on the screen. OR Force Reboot – Press Sleep/ Wake + Home button until seeing Apple icon on the black screen.
iPhone 7/ 7 Plus: Simple Restart is as it is but Force Restart (Side Power button + Volume down button until you see the Apple logo on screen)
♦ Wake up the screen, Using Power button or Sleep/Wake button once.
Solution 3: Reset or Update Carrier Settings or APN settings
After SIM upgrade or Change/Switch to another carrier, Reset carrier settings required. Once you clear all the APN or Carrier settings, on Reboot time all the data will automatically fill based on latest value. So we can use latest update and benefits from the carrier like iMessage easily activate or install activate and use without the long wait.
- Go to the Settings > General.
- Next to the General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Solution 4: logout iMessage and re-login
Moreover, solution on iMessage “waiting for activation” error can be resolved by turning off or on the iCloud account on your iPhone and iPad.
- Go to the Settings > Messages > scroll your screen and Tap on Send & receive.
- Tap your Apple ID > Sign-out
- Turn off your iMessage settings > Message > turn off iMessage toggle. Wait for a moment and Turn on it by enabling option. At that time enter your Apple ID and see again it has been resolved.
Solution 5: Set date time up-to-date
The auto time zone may be giving an error, auto time zone will set current time, but zone maybe not for you. So disable it and set date and time manually.
- Go to the Settings > General > Date & Time, and then set Zone, Date and Time.
Use Apple ID as iMessage or FaceTime address,
Contact your Carrier and Request for activating iMessage in System on your Phone number.
Solution 6: iMessage activation without the phone number
iMessage Should be Turn on For a Phone number
We can activate iMessage for Number or Apple ID. I tried and activated on Apple ID successfully on my iPhone, First time when I faced this issue.
- Go to the Settings app > Messages >iMessage> Select Apple ID or Email as iMessage.
Solution 7: Update or Restore your iOS on your iPhone and iPad
Restore is the best option to resolve iMessage “Waiting for activation” error.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using lighting cable.
- Launch iTunes, From the menu choose Summary tab > Tap on your iPhone > Restore iPhone
Take backup your iPhone or iPad update: Backup iPhone on iTunes or iCloud
- Restore tutorial detailed: Find and restore the old backup in iPhone and iPad [How to] or Also go with the Clean restore – Fix big problems with troubleshooting tips.
Popup will appear to prevent your old data should be lost, so take backup whole iPhone or iPad.
Solution 8: iMessage Activation after SIM changed
iMessage already turned on for the old mobile number, So it’s activated means settings are enabled. After new SIM install, you will get Popup Message for Activate iMessage > Press OK. And Turn on iMessage on new Number or SIM.
- Otherwise, Check and Enable iMessage manually from iPhone Settings,
- Go to the Settings > Messages > Enable iMessage toggle.
Enter SIM card and Replace or use Another SIM card for the test if your iPhone saying: iMessage waiting for Activation no SIM card
iMessage Service uses Wireless data So Check Wi-Fi or Cellular data is working correctly.
Hope you guys enjoyed and use iMessage sent between iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac.
Solution 9: See Your Carrier Plan and contact it
Your carrier is supporting iMessage service or not at first, and verify any restriction on you for iMessage, Blocks and more.
iMessage service is not free and permission to use by all carrier. Supported carriers in your countries can be eligible for Sending Free Text Message on iPhone (iMessage). Recently most of the Cellular companies given iMessage free to Apple users. After that, we can use it on Mac (it will be auto sync on Mac system, once you activate on the iOS device)
Solution 10: Activate iMessage on WiFi, Cellular Disabled
This can happen only in specific situations, Just follow me
- Turn off iMessage, Go to the Settings > Messages > iMessage (Disable)
- Enable Airplane mode, from the control center.
- By Turning on Airplane mode wifi will automatically disabled. So turn on WiFi again, manually. Open control center (See Swipe down from the top right corner on iPhone X & Swipe up on iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus and Earlier) and Find Airplane icon in network card, Tap on the icon to turn on Airplane mode.
- Then, Enable iMessage from the settings app
- Next, Disable Airplane Mode – OTA you will receive notification for Apple ID.
- iMessage activation required for use different new Messaging features in iOS 11 (Peer to Peer payment, Send new Emojis & Stickers), Otherwise, iMessage doesn’t use.
Solution 11: Check Restriction and Disable it
- Also Check the Restriction for Make necessary changes, that prevent modify account Go to the Settings > General > Restrictions > Accounts > Allow Changes (On iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).
Here you saw maximum possibilities to Resolve iMessage “waiting for activation” Error Fixed. Don’t miss to share which one try is useful for you personally with the big smile. Till that are you facing problem to fix iMessage error “waiting for activation” then comment in below with problem and suggestions.