The iPhone 15 series is officially out now includes several updates, such as a new Action Button, USB-C port, Titanium Frame, and more. However, Apple didn’t release any battery-related updates during its launch; there is a nifty new aspect tagged as “80% Charging Limit” on the latest iPhone flagship to extend battery life.
Having poor battery performance of older iPhone flagships, many users found that capping the charge to 80% can enhance overall battery health. The idea that constantly charging your flagship to the max might compromise the Battery’s health over time. Thus, enabling the 80% charging limit on iPhone will juice up to 80% instead of the full 100%. For this, read our article.
Enable charging limit & Increase Battery Life
Before moving forward with the procedure, let’s look at the benefits of turning on 80% charging limit on the iPhone 15.
Benefits of the 80% charging limit on your iPhone 15
- Battery health preservation: Limiting the iPhone battery health to 80% will extend the battery life span. Lithium-ion battery tends to degrade rapidly, and one of the common reason for the degradation of battery health is consistently charging to 100%. By limiting the charge to 80% will affect battery health more slowly.
- Reduced heat generation: Juicing up your iPhone to maximum capacity produces more heat and accelerates battery degradation. By configuring an 80% charging limit, there is a chance of less heat during the charging cycle, potentially decreasing wear and tear on the battery.
- Enhanced Safety: Limiting charging to 80% decreases the risk of overcharging, which can result in battery swelling.
- Improved Energy efficiency: Charging the iPhone to a lower capacity means less energy is consumed during the charging cycle.
Steps to turn on 80% Charging Limit on iPhone 15
Presently, the 80% charging limit is only released on iPhone 15 series, which includes iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max. However, there is no further indication that Apple will roll out this feature on older iPhones. But it’s convincible the upcoming might get this functionality. Here’s how to enable it on your device.
Step 1: Launch Settings App on your iPhone.
Step 2: Swipe down and select Battery.
Step 3: Go to Battery Health & Charging.
Step 4: Access Charging Optimisation then select 80% Limit on iPhone.
On the next screen, you’ll see three options:
- Optimized Battery Limit: By configuring this feature, your latest iPhone will juice up to 80% overnight and top off 100% right before you wake up.
- 80% Limit: By turning on this, your iPhone will charge up to 80%.
- None: This option here will give you free rein to charge your device per your preferences.
- Select 80% Limit.
That’s it, folks! You can enable an 80% charging limit on your iPhone running the latest iOS. After this, try charging your device and check it’s halt when it reaches 80%.