Airplay icon can’t show or appear in iPhone, or iPad control center is running on iOS 12 or Later and iOS 11, iOS 10. and on Mac menu. Here is the solution on how to manage this and enable/ turn on Airplay icon accessible under the control center or Mac Instant top menu. There are many possibilities to solve Airplay not working on your iOS device or Apple TV. Let’s check all the problem and troubleshooting solution on how we can manage it without any technical knowledge. Airplay icon missing cause many problems including the distance between your Mac or iOS device and Apple TV, network connection problem, Airplay hardware not working, manual settings and more.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Airplay Mirroring icon was shown but Won’t Start with Apple TV/ Monitor or SmartTV & Airplay not working on Mac, iPhone or Apple Watch.
Steps to resolve Airplay icon missing in iPhone, iPad control center & Mac Top Menu
In iOS 11/ iOS 12 or Later,
Swipe Down your Finger at the top right corner of the screen on iPhone home screen or lock screen to access control center.
- For iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X: Swipe Down From Top Right Corner.
- For iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, 6S/6S Plus, 6/5S: Swipe Up from Bottom Edge to Access control center
Now Touch and Hold on Music card until you see on full-screen mode, Now Tap on Airplay icon to get switching option between output speaker or iPhone speaker quickly.
If you are failed and Unable to Switch or use Airplay on your iOS device, Follow the below solutions.
That’s it music mirroring done through these ways.
But AirPlay, Called Screen Mirroring Formally in iOS 10 or earlier. Works for Screen Sharing between Apple devices (Mac, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, iPod). But To Share the screen between the device, your both device must be connected with the same network.
Check your iOS device updated with the latest one.
To check Go to the Setting > General > Software Update
Your Apple TV also running an updated version of Apple OS, To check available update: Setting > General> Update Software, Then Download and install. More update process in step, Look at here
Double check, your Device Wi-Fi should be enabled on both device, your iOS device and Airplay enabled Apple TV.
Note: Your all the device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To check your Wi-Fi with name Go to the Setting > Wi-Fi
[Screen Mirroring] Airplay not Working on iOS 11: From Control Center
New, Gesture and Finger-sensitive control now on New iOS 11 control center. The single tap can not start AirPlay. So press and Hold on AirPlay icon until you see the expandable pop up on the screen, See the below image.
Still, you don’t find missing Airplay icon on iPhone control center
- Are you using Airplay or Airplay mirroring, then restart Airplay by enabling or disable it manually? So Go to the Setting > Airplay from Apple TV.
- Before trying to use Airplay features from the photo, video, and music third party app then verify. First it should be enabled/ compatible with Airplay.
From our readers and experts suggestion: can’t use Airplay or Airplay icon missing
- Are you trying to stream photos, Video, and music from different iOS device to single Apple TV at the same time? Then you can’t do that.
- Check your Router configuration with predefined installation declaration by Apple.
- Remove alternately connected Wi-Fi device that not needs or temporally.
- Keep your both device (iOS device or Apple TV) near to Wi-Fi router as possible.
- Check Wi-Fi network in all the device by using internet explorer and online app.
Unable to Connect Airplay From Mac
First, check your device is compatible for AirPlay options. New devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV) from Apple and SmartTV only support Airplay mirroring.
List of Airplay compatible Devices,
Apple TV: Apple TV – a 2nd generation or later (Also update AppleTV OS)
Mac Pro (Late 2013 or later), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or later), MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or later), MacBook (Early 2015 and later), iMac (Mid 2011 or later).
HDTV: If you are using SmartTV (Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Micromax, Weston) with Apple TV.
For Peer to peer connection, no Password required within the same network
Apple TV (3rd Generation)
Mac (2012 or later) with Yosemite 10.10 & later
Airplay icon missing on Mac or not connecting to Apple TV
Go to the System Preference on Mac > Display
Enable Checkbox for “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available”. if this option is disabled then we unable See or Airplay icon not showing in Mac Menu Bar.
Now you can stream or Mirrors your Mac screen on Apple TV Using Airplay icon at top Mac menu bar.
Also, Check Some settings, Airplay from Mac to Apple TV doesn’t work,
- Firewall Settings: Mac Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall
- Unlock access to Make Changes from bottom-right corner > Don’t turn off firewall then Firewall Options and Uncheck Block All Firewall incoming connections.
Enable AirPlay in Apple TV settings and Try to connect.
Here we are up-to-date on fix your problem, Airplay icon missing or doesn’t appear Airplay icon at iPhone and iPad control center. Any suggestion on this solution and solved this own way then don’t miss to share with us on below comment box.