Last Updated on Nov 26, 2020
Know-How to Set & Share Custom Name and Photo in iMessage on iPhone/iPad? Find the Correct way to Share Profile picture in iMessage or Share Display Name in iMessage in iOS/iPadOS with your iMessage Contacts though you are not in the contact list. So you can identify without share your name in imessage, who is you? Here’s also solution on your iPhone Error “Sharing Name and Photo not Available” Because iCloud and iMessage Accounts are Different or Not Signed in. I bet in a few years all the iPhone users won’t use third-party messaging applications such as WhatsApp, Skype, etc. The reason behind this is straightforward; Apple is giving all the facility and flexibility to its users in first-party apps only. Then why would anyone download third-party apps? Today we will see one of the best updates of Messages app, in iOS. Also Fix the issues while you enable assign Profile picture and name not showing on iMessage, and Failed to save or share.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
The latest iOS 13 lets you personalize all the settings on iMessage app, such as Profile Picture, Display Name, and with whom you want to share your personal information. So, let’s see how to customize Messages app in iOS/iPadOS/MacOS.
Enable or Disable Profile picture or Name show on Message Conversations on iPhone, iPad, Mac
1: Share iMessage Display Name and Profile Picture [Turn off/Disable anytime]
This option lets you share your Display Name and Profile Photo with the person whom, you want to share. Like, if any anonymous contact is messaging you, and if you have selected Contacts Only, then that person won’t be able to see your Display Name and Profile Picture. There are two different ways through which you can implement these settings.
- Step #1: Open the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Scroll down and tap “Messages”.
- Step #3: Go to “Share Name and Photo”.
- Step #4: Make sure “Share Name and Photo” is enabled. [Error: Sharing Name and Photo not Available] Find in last of this article.
Step #5: On important privacy settings on who allows you to see your name and photo. select your option from, Contacts Only/Anyone/Always ask.
Turn off Share Name and Photo in iMessage: We can change ot turn off these settings any time, Follow the same steps that given in Method 1 and Method 2. Just Disable Share name and Photo option toggle. These settings will be applied to your Whole iCloud account.
- Step #1: Navigate to the “Messages” app.
- Step #2: Then, tap on Three-Horizontal dots for more options.
- Step #3: Tap “Edit Name and Photo”.
- Step #4: Now, check if you have enabled the “Share Name and Photo”.
- Step #5: Now set the privacy for Who allows you to see your name and photo. Under Share Automatically, go for any of the options, Contacts Only/Anyone/Always ask.
Add Group Name and Photo on iPhone in the Messages app
We can assign group name and photo on iPhone Messages app, Follow the below steps to give a new group name and Photo, So we can easily search Group conversation with Group name and Identify with the Group profile picture.
- Open Messages app on iPhone/iPad. Now Find Group conversation and Open it.
- From Top Profile, Tap on Number of People, Then Click on info option. And Tap on Change Name and Photo option.
- Next, Assign Group name and Select Photo that you want to set as Group profile, or we have an alternate option.
- Now, Group name and Photo Assigned.
- That’s it.
Add Group Name and Photo on MacBook, Mac in the Messages app
macOS Big Sur and later macOS Update allow users to set Group name and Photo as Profile picture. Mostly all iMessage features come on Messages app on MacBook, Mac. Follow the below steps for Assign Group name and Picture on Group Conversation in Messages app on MacBook, Mac.
- Open Messages app on MacBook, Mac. Click on Group info. And Click on Change Group name and Photos.
- Assign Group name and Photos.
- That’s it.
How to Change Display Name in iMessage iOS 13
Previously, in iOS 12 or earlier iMessage was displaying the same name that was associated with your Apple ID. And there was no way you can change that name. But with iOS 13, Apple has given you the privilege to change the name and set whatever name you like. Let’s do it!
- Step #1: Go to the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Select “Messages”.
- Step #3: Tap “Share Name and Photo”.
- Step #4: Next, you will see the same name as of your Apple ID.
- Step #5: Tap and change the name.
- Step #1: Open the “Messages” app from the Home screen.
- Step #2: Tap on More options.
- Step #3: Choose “Share Name and Photo”.
- Step #4: There, you can change your name.
3: How to Change Profile Photo in iMessage iOS 13
Likewise, if you want to change the profile picture in iMessage, then follow the below methods and do it. if you want to show your original profile or share with others on iMessage conversation, You can set your Profile Mimoji Face or Monograms with tons of customization settings like hair, Lips, Earrings, Goggles, Eyebrow, Fairness, Cap, Nose, Airpods or More.
- Step #1: Launch the “Settings” app.
- Step #2: Locate and tap “Messages”.
- Step #3: Tap “Share Name and Photo”.
- Step #4: Tap on the image where it says “Edit”.
- Step #5: Multiple options are available to set the profile photo in iMessage iOS 13 such as,
- Edit Current Photo
- Choose Photo from iPhone
- Capture New Photo
- Use Animoji or Memoji
- Choose Initials
- Take New Memoji
- Step #1: In the “Messages” app, tap More options.
- Step #2: Select “Share Name and Photo”.
- Step #3: Tap on “Display Picture” and set the new one.
Troubleshooting Error for Sharing Name and Photo Not Available in iOS 13/iPadOS
Failed to Share Photo and Name in iMessage on iPhone, iPad: iOS 13 Sharing Name and Photo is not Available Because iCloud and iMessage Accounts are Different or are not signed in. You must have active To use this feature across all iCloud account you must be active with iMessage Apple ID. Most of the users are getting the error message, That preventing from turn on Share Name and Photo. Go to the Settings app > Messages > Send & Receive > Apple ID must be Selected. Most of the User is showing a message “Use your Apple ID for iMessage“.
- To Assign Apple ID for iMessage, Tap on it and Select Sign In option from the popup. That show in below screen. Login with Apple ID password and Sign in.
[Helpful Fix: Use Your Apple ID for iMessage is Greyed out, Now Check internet connection/ Wait for Few Seconds/Force Close Settings app and Again check].
- Once you see the screen that shows your Apple ID is selected for iMessage. You are ready to use Share name and Photo on iPhone/iPad.