Clear or stop autosave your login details from your visited website is #1 security for any web user. From the cyber report, mostly cheat cases happen through a saved password in your device’s browser or storage. So at this point, first we need to Clear/ Delete the saved password from safari iPhone/ iPad/ iPod Touch running on iOS. Here I am not criticism apple’s security, because to know on an unknown device you need a passcode. But if the passcode is shared already then easy to know the important password or credit card data saved or used on safari iPhone/ iPad or iPod Touch browser.
If you are a conscious security tech and want to stop autosave safari details under the settings app, So earlier you can disable/ stop from save the password on your iOS device.
Quick Steps to Delete Stored Password on Safari
How to Delete Saved Passwords on iPhone, iPad
There’s a little change introduced by Apple latest iOS software versions, to delete the saved password. These steps will help you delete the saved passwords on the iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down the screen to tap on Passwords.
- Enter your iPhone passcode to View saved passwords.
- Now, tap on a specific domain or username (For example, i tapping for Apple website), or swipe to the left side to get the Delete option.
- Tap on Delete Password.
- Tap again Delete Password to confirm. This password will be moved to Recently Deleted. After 30 days, it will be permanently deleted.
- You’ll see a list of saved passwords, swipe the saved password right-to-left, and tap Delete.
How to delete Multiple saved passwords and passkeys on iPhone,
- Launch the Settings app in iOS.
- Scroll down to Passwords.
- Type your iPhone Passcode to view stored passwords.
- Tap Edit button appears in the upper-right corner.
- Then, choose multiple saved passwords that you want to delete and tap Delete from the top left corner.
- So a confirmation pop-up appears to tap Delete Passwords. on my iPhone screen, showing these 4 passwords will be moved to recently deleted. After 30 days, they will be permanently deleted.
Get More – How to Delete Saved Passwords on Mac Chrome
How to Recover Deleted Password on iPhone, iPad
According to Apple policy, if users delete saved passwords knowingly or unknowingly, The action can undo within 30 days. For Example, if you delete your passwords on 1st date of the month, then your deleted password is still stored in the recently Deleted section up to the next 30th day. Follow the steps below to recover your deleted password.
- Open Settings App
- Tap Passwords (You may need to scroll down the screen).
- Enter your device unlock passcode to access the next setting screen.
- Tap Recently Deleted.
- Tap on a Delete item.
- Now choose the Recover option.
Your password will now be restored and available for use once again. This feature is particularly helpful if you accidentally delete a password that you need to log into an important account. To see the saved password, please follow the steps mentioned above.
Read More – How to Delete Saved Password on Mac Firefox
How to Delete Stored Password in Safari on MacBook MacOS Ventura or Earlier
If you no longer need the saved password on Safari, then deleting the Saved Password from Safari is the right choice to avoid any false access. Just like any other browser, Safari lets you store, manage, and delete saved passwords; here’s how to delete the saved passwords on Safari Mac.
MacOS Ventura:- Delete Saved Username and Password
- Open Safari On your Mac,
- From the top Menu Safari
- Choose Settings… Or (Press Command + ,)
- Let’s click on the Passwords Tab
- So you can see a Passwords Are Locked screen; you must scan Touch ID or enter the password for the user “ABC” to unlock.
Step 3:- Click on a Password that you want to delete. Next, click on the [-] button to delete it from the list.
Step 4:- Again Click on Delete Password to confirm successfully removed stored password in Safari on Mac.
MacOS Monterey:- Delete Saved username and Password
- Launch the Safari App on Mac.
- Click on Safari on the top menu bar. Select Preferences.
- Click Passwords, Enter your Mac login password.
- Select the Password that you want to delete and then click [-] Remove from bottom of window. Here we can select Multiple login Detail, By Command + Click on Website name.
- Confirm Delete to Remove from iCloud Keychain.
How to Remove Passwords from Mac Keychain
You might want to delete the Passwords from Mac Keychain if you don’t remember the password or selling the PC to someone. Here’s how to delete the saved passwords from Mac Keychain.
- Open Finder.
- Click Go on the top menu bar.
- Select Utilities Or (Press ⬆︎ Shift + ⌘ Comand + U).
- Navigate and click on Keychain Access.app
- Now take your mouse cursor to the left sidebar to select iCloud
(if the icloud tab not showing, it means iCloud Passwords & Keychain is disabled on your Mac, Please turn it ON – Go to Apple logo – System settings – Apple ID Profile – iCloud – Passwords & Keychain – Turn toggle to right side next to Sync this Mac – click on Done)
- Now, click on the Passwords section on the header menu bar.
- So you can see all login item’s password list, Now Right-click on any password that you want to clean from the iCloud Keychains.
- Click Delete and confirm it.