Portrait mode means blurry background on a facetime video call. Apple started the Portrait mode camera feature a couple of years ago. it can access in a Phone camera, this new mode does work to keep objects in the foreground focused while blurring the background.
in iOS 15, and macOS Monterey’s Mac operating system of 2021 bring up FaceTime Call Portrait mode. For limited Phone and Mac users.
The M1 Chip contains dedicated neural network hardware in a 16-core Neural Engine; it can execute 11 trillion operations per second. FaceTime Portrait mode is a feature of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. Apple stated, iOS App supports all M1 mac machines. Hence, a bunch of iOS 15 features is added in macOS 12 Monterey. Among all of them, Live Text on Mac, FaceTime features for M1 is the most talking in the Mac community.
How Does FaceTime Portrait mode work on M1 Mac?
FaceTime Portrait mode Inspired by the portraits you take in the Camera app, Portrait mode in FaceTime blurs your background and focuses on you.
Here bottom-listed M1 Mac users get the FaceTime Portrait mode option after the macOS Monterey upgrade.
- MacBook Air (M1, 2020) – the base model has 7-core GPU
- Mac Mini (M1, 2020) – Buy on Amazon
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
- iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021) – base model has 7-core GPU – Buy on Amazon
- MacBook Pro [M1 Pro , M1 Max] (14 inch, 16 inch, 2021) – To buy Latest on Amazon in discount price.
How to Enable Portrait mode on FaceTime in Monterety
if you are looking for an Option for Enable Portrait mode on Mac Monterey, Then here are the steps to enable Blur background or Portrait mode while FaceTime video call.
- Open FaceTime app on Mac, Start Video call and Find the Video Effects option in Control centre.
- under the Video effect select Portrait option under FaceTime.
- That’s it.
Apart from the Facetime app, other third-party video call apps offer blur background buttons, such as the Zoom video calling app for PC users.
Various macOS Monterey features are exclusive for Apple M1 is an ARM-based system.