Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Correct the Settings while your Hand Wash not working on Apple Watch though this article and Know Handwash Compatible Apple Watch models. Concerning the world’s biggest pandemic, Apple has added an unpredictable feature called Handwashing to watchOS 7. What is Handwashing on Apple Watch, and how to Use Handwashing Feature on Apple Watch, we have tried our best to explain this add-on? If you follow the Apple Watch’s this innovation, you are likely to fight back the germs and keep you and yourself away from serious health issues. As per the World Health Organization and CDC’s guidelines, an individual need to wash the hands for at least 20 seconds, here’s the watchOS 7’s Handwashing comes in picture.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
The Apple Watch will automatically sense when you start washing hands, and if you stop washing hands before time, an alert asking you to continue handwash will appear. They say, Apple Developers were working for years, behind this invention, and of course, now’s the right time to release it, so here we go.
How to Enable Handwash on Apple Watch?
- Press the Digital Crown on the Apple Watch.
- Find Settings on apple watch Home screen.
- Locate the Handwashing.
- Turn On Timer.
This is it. From now onwards, whenever you wash hands, the Watch face will show a countdown timer, and once it is time to stop, the Watch will alert you.
How to Use Handwash on Apple Watch?
The compatible Apple Watch uses a Motion Sensor and Microphone to detect the handwashing. It mainly uses the three aspects, such as sensing the water flowing sound using Microphone, Motion Sensor that tracks down the movement of the hands while handwashing, and meanwhile also detects the sound generated by soap or handwash liquid while washing hand.
Once the Timer for Handwashing on Apple Watch is enabled, as we showed in the above part, you don’t need to do any extra step, just start washing hands, leave rest on Apple Watch.
Apple Watch will show a countdown on Watch Face and will send alerts that you should quit now.
Fix Handwash Not Working on Apple Watch
Handwash Compatible Apple Watch & WatchOS 7
If you can’t find Handwash on Apple Watch, make sure your Watch and paired iPhone is compatible with watchOS 7 and iOS 14 respectively.
The Handwash feature is only for certain Apple Watch that is updated to watchOS 7. Here’s the list of watchOS 7 Compatible Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
Furthermore, you’ll need an iPhone running iOS 14 or later to work with watchOS 7. Check the iOS 14 supportable iPhone,
- iPhone SE 2020
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone SE 2016
- iPod Touch 7th Generation
Update Apple Watch and iPhone
If the Apple Watch and iPhone are listed above, then check for the latest software updates.
- Open the Settings
- Tap General.
- Select Software Update.
- Download and Install an Update if available.
For Apple Watch,
- Connect the Apple Watch to Wi-Fi.
- Go to the Settings App on Apple Watch.
- Tap General.
- Choose Software Update.
- Install the Software Update.
Alternatively, navigate to the Apple Watch app on iPhone > tap My Watch tab > General > Software Update > Download Update.
Make Sure Motion & Microphone are Turned ON
Still, Apple Watch not detecting Handwashing? According to Apple, the Watch’s Motion Sensor is responsible for Handwashing detection. Determine, whether it is enabled or not.
- Press the Digital Crown on Apple Watch.
- Open Settings
- Tap Accessibility.
- Disable Reduce Motion.
To Enable Microphone on Apple Watch,
- Go to the Settings App on Apple Watch.
- Tap Privacy.
- Select Microphone.
- Then, tap Measure Sound.
- Turn On Microphone.
Restart Apple Watch
If Handwashing is not responding, then force rebooting the Apple Watch may help. It will close all the background running applications and cache.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown and Power button until Apple logo displays.
Clean Up Microphone of Apple Watch
Cleaning up the microphone of Apple Watch is a bit challenging, you’ll need to stay cautious while doing so. We cannot use pressurized air, or needle or toothpicks, as it will push the dust inside the microphone and the mic will stop working for permanent.
Bring a soft cloth and cotton bud and start cleaning the microphone gently. You can test the Microphone by using the Walkie-Talkie feature with a friend or anyone to confirm that microphone is working correctly.
Unpair & Pair Apple Watch
First of all, Unpair Apple Watch from iPhone,
- Go to the Settings app on Apple Watch.
- Find General.
- Tap Reset.
- Lastly, hit Erase All Contents & Settings.
Pair the Apple Watch
- Make sure the iPhone is connected to the internet and also enable Bluetooth on the iPhone.
- Power on Apple Watch.
- Keep Apple Watch and iPhone closer to each other.
- The iPhone will show Apple Watch Pairing Card saying, “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch”.
- Tap Continue if this card appears on the iPhone.
- If in case, this option doesn’t pop-up, then visit the Apple Watch app and manually pair the Apple Watch and iPhone.
- Scan the Apple Watch face in the viewfinder of the iPhone Apple Watch App to pair.
- Follow the on-screen instructions such as Set up as new or Restore from Backup.
- You may be asked to enter the Apple ID and Password and several other system settings set them up.
Above all are the troubleshooting solutions for Handwashing on Apple Watch.