Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Split view is the brand new feature in iOS 13 and now it’s improved in iPadOS [With Slide Over, Multitasking or App Switcher] that’s really helpful in use multiple apps on a single iPad screen called Split Screen/Slide over Apps on iPad. And the question is what are the iPadOS 13 compatible iPads? All compatible iPad models can use a Split view/ Slide Over with Multitasking App or App Switcher like iPhone. I tried to fix Split view not working on the iPad. On my personal experience, App auto close and crashing on the iPhone. Use a new Spit view in iOS, Enable or Disable Slide Over App on iPhone from the Settings you need and explain the correct way to use the dock on iDevice.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Just like Mac, iOS users can use two apps on the same screen on the adjustable area by sliding expandable strip. And Slide Over Allow to use More than two apps on the same screen, Drag Applications from the dock of Home screen to create split View and Slide over apps swipe from the right edge to reveal your last slide over the app.
You can see that my recorded video at last in this tutorial.
- Refer our full guide on how to easily use Safari Split view on iPad.
Also, refer to these tips & Fix your iPad Multitasking not Working. and Customize Different settings for the Multitasking screen like Show most recently used app on the dock, Gesture, Persistent Video Overlay and Allow Multiple apps.
Fix: Slide Over or Split Screen not working in iPadOS: iPad
Split View Pre- Requisition
- The split view depends on Apps Support, if the developer won’t allow using the app with the split-view screen then we can’t use it.
- A small screen iPad must be in landscape mode to use the Split Screen feature.
Does split-view work on all iPads? Check Supported iPads: Slide Over, Split Screen in iPadOS 13
Apple isn’t making clear about, Which iPad Supporting Slide Over and Split View, Here’s the iPads list that we tested,
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad (6th Generation)
- iPad (5th Generation)
- iPad Mini (5th Generation)
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd Generation)
- iPad Air 2
Incompatible iPad: Slide over/Split screen View
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Air
Enable Overlay app on other apps: Side by Side
iPadOS 13 Screen
For iPadOS 13 and later users will have to check that multitasking option is turned On/Green, you can do that with following steps:
if it’s already enabled, however, Split Screen on iPad Not Working after iPadOS update, then you should turn the toggle off next to the Allow Multiple Apps and then after a while turn toggle On for Allow multiple Apps your iPad. I hope this will work for you.
Old iPadOS Follow these steps for Allow Multiple apps toggle.
- Step 1: Go to the Settings app on the iPad.
- Step 2: Next, Tap on General and Multitasking.
- Then, Enable Allow Multiple Apps toggle.
How to Use Slide Over and Split View in iPadOS 13 on iPad
Keep Open any one app on your iPad Screen, now Activate iPad dock by Swipe up from the bottom edge. From the Recent Apps on the dock, Touch and Drage the app icon to iPad screen to adjust another app on split-screen. Check-out the below video to learn the exact way to use a Split-screen or slide over.
iOS 12 Screen
- First open the first app on your iPad screen, Next slide up your finger on the iPad screen.
- Now, a new iOS Dock will appear on the screen, open apps that you want to use side by side screen.
- Tap on the Second app, Drag into iPad left or right side of the area.
- The app will automatically adjust its area and give a slider line for the customize area of the app that covered by both apps.
Restart or Reboot iDevice
If you won’t adjust split view or app crash automatically, Go with this step.
Follow the usual solution from Restart/ Reboot iPad.
No Home Button iPad
Press and quickly release volume up button and Quickly Press and Release volume down button, after that Press and Hold the side power button on iPad until you iPad see apple logo after the black screen. Wait for turn on the screen, Try split-screen after entering the passcode.
Home Button iPad
- Soft Restart: Press Sleep/ Wake or power button only until you see “Slide to power off”. Go with it and again press the power button once.
- Force Restart: Press and Hold Sleep/ Wake [Power Button] + Home button at once until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Split View or Slide over not working on iPad with Landscape mode
Enable, Auto Rotate Screen from the iPad control center and try again.
New iOS update help to fix the pre-resolved error by Apple and give a great experience for the next level of iPadOS 13, iOS 13/ iOS 12.