Apple’s iOS 10 mobile operating system was packed up with a brand new killer lock screen feature called Raise to Wake up. But it just limited for the 3D touch and more advanced accelerometer iPhone (iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S/ 6S+ and iPhone 7/7 Plus) users. An integrated sensor allows users to see notifications and stuffs like date/time on the lock screen iPhone without pressing the home button. But every year Apple puts a new iOS in its pipeline. Similarly, this year Apple rolled out iOS.
Generally, in the initial period, each new Smartphone OS update arrives with the glitch. Same like that one of my friend found a bug in iOS. He says after update iOS, his iPhone 7 Plus screen won’t wake up when they pick up a cell phone from the desk surface or even raise his hand. Perhaps raise to wake up break down due to some circumstances. So I have advised him decent troubleshooting to get rid raise to wake not working on iPhone.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
If you come across the same issue, then let’s try described the various solution to fix Raise to Wake iOS stopped working on iPhone as expected. Hopefully, it will work in your case.
Precious Guide to Fix Raise to Wake not working on iPhone
Fixed Raise to Wake not working on iPhone before getting started solution, you should check your iPhone running on the latest iOS.
- Go to Settings App on your iPhone– Tap General – tap Software Update. If not, please download and install the latest one.
Fix #1. Make Sure Raise to Wake is Enabled
- Steps to check out – Settings App → Find Display and brightness → Check toggle Raise to Wake is ON/Green.
- If that trigger already On, however, raise to wake doesn’t work. You should try disabling and re-enabling then test again.
Fix #2. Reboot Your iPhone
In major cases rebooting iPhone works great to fix iOS raise to wake problem. Do restart by pressing the power button until you appear to slide to power off then slide to the right to power off your device.
- Open the Settings app > General > Scroll to Shut Down.
Alternative you can also use new Shut Down option
- (Settings – General – Shut Down appear near to the Reset option) in iOS to restart iDevice without pressing the Sleep/Wake button.
Turn on it again by pressing power switch till you get Apple logo on the screen. Enter your digit passcode because Touch ID is not working when you restart iPhone.
In more, you can also try hard Reboot to quick solve Raise to Wake not working.
The same problem again, then you need to keep continuing steps given below.
Fix #3. Reset All Settings of your iPhone
Try this fix will erase all settings without deleting data or media file.
- Open up Settings app, go to General and scroll down the screen to Reset and tap Reset All Settings. Don’t worry. It will not remove any data or Media of your Apple iPhone.
Fix #4. Erase iPhone to Factory Settings iOS and restore from Backup
Note: Before applying this trick, you should take the latest backup on iCloud or using iTunes on Mac or PC.
Next, you will have to restore your iPhone to factory Settings through underneath listed steps.
- Settings App → Tap General → scroll down the screen at the end then tap Reset → tap Erase All Content and Settings. And after this follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.
→ As a second last resort is a downgrade your iOS from the latest update to the previous version. For example, you can downgrade iOS 13 to iOS 12.4.1
If you fail all workarounds still having an issue to raise to wake up stopped working after iOS updating on iPhone, then please contact the Apple Support care and get assistance, you will be getting it free of cost if your iPhone still under warranty.