To be clear, the Ultra Wideband Update Failed Error is limited to the iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max, since the iPhone 11 series is the only one featuring the U1 Chip. Though this problem is not major, if you belong to one of those unlucky persons, then, unfortunately, it can hit your iPhone 11 too. Till date, several users have already dealt with this situation, some were able to positively fix the error while few have to visit the Apple Store to take help from experts. Your iPhone 11 uses U1 Chip to send files over AirDrop efficiently, most likely when Ultra Wideband Update Failed displays on iPhone, AirDrop won’t work or won’t respond.
One and only one solution recommended by Apple is to reinstall the software, whether it is iOS or iPadOS. If that doesn’t help, then Apple’s Genius Bar is always open for you. Firstly, don’t forget to learn what does Ultra Wideband Do, I’ve explained and then, proceed with how to fix the iPhone Ultra Wideband Update Failed.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Fix Ultra Wideband Update Failed iPhone
What Does Ultra Wideband Do?
The Ultra Wideband Technology is solely available in iPhone 11 lineup, not in any other iOS device. What is Ultra Wideband on iPhone 11? Well, it is similar to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, mainly implemented to improve the AirDrop feature of your iPhone. In the future, Apple will surely use the U1 Chip to track hardware tags, physical objects, and plenty of other tracking abilities. In short, the Ultra Wideband Technology is focused to boost the AirDrop file transfer.
How to Fix Ultra Wideband Update Failed Error on iPhone?
As of now, Apple is working hard to make sure Ultra Wideband Failed Error message won’t appear on iPhone 11, but till that, try few workarounds to get rid of the error.
The only solution is to reinstall the iOS and iPadOS (If the update error displays on iPad)
Backup your iPhone
- Connect the iPhone to the stable Wi-Fi Network.
- Open the Settings
- Tap on your name (Apple ID Profile Name).
- Select iCloud.
- Then, ten toggle On next to the iCloud Backup.if already enabled then ignore and goto the next step,
- To start backup, tap on Back Up Now.
- Connect the iPhone to the PC using a Lightning cable.
- If you own macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, then go to the Finder.
- For macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier and Windows PC, launch the iTunes.
- If pop-up message displays, then click Trust This Computer.
- Select your iPhone and then start Back Up.
How to Reinstall iOS and iPadOS
Once you are done with the Backup, here’s what next to be done.
- Connect the iPhone to the Mac/PC, use Lightning Cable for that.
- On macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, open the Finder.
- On macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier and Windows PC, open the iTunes.
- If you are connecting the iPhone for the first time, then click Trust this Computer
- From the left sidebar, choose your iPhone.
- Then, if you are on Finder, then, select General and for the iTunes, select Summary.
- Later, Command+click on Check for Update, on Mac and Control+click on Check for Update on Windows.
- It may take some time to finish the download and reinstall, so leave the iPhone and Computer as it is until everything is done.
Contact Apple Support
When reinstalling the iOS don’t fix the Ultra Wideband Update Error on iPhone, take iPhone to the Apple Support, or make a Genius Bar Reservation and let them assist you.