Last Updated on Jun 19, 2021
Catalina wifi no hardware installed, Recently when I booted my MacBook Pro and trying to connect with Wi-Fi, and found a strange error saying Wi-Fi: no hardware installed. Without Wi-Fi, we can’t even use Mac for a single minute, and a wireless connection is all we have to browse on the internet. It was the first time for me to have, Wi-Fi no hardware installed message on MacBook Pro.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Most commonly, you will find Wi-Fi: no hardware installed in Mac when you boot up the Mac or while waking up the MacBook from sleep or while updating the Mac.
recently latest macOS Monterey update available, many users send us an email in our inbox like Wi-Fi: No Hardware Installed Error on Mac after macOS 12 Monterey update. we suggesting the following solutions.
2 Tips to Fix Wi-Fi: No Hardware Installed Error on Mac
macOS devices usually encounter this problem whether you have iMac or Mac Mini or MacBook Pro 2009 doesn’t matter but don’t worry it is straightforward to fix you have to spend a few minutes.
Solution #1: Reset NVRAM: For All Mac Models
- Step #1: Restart “Mac” and instantly hold “Command+Option+P+R” keys altogether.
- Step #2: Don’t release keys until you hear reboot chime again and when you hear the sound then release the keys.
Now when MacBook or Mac starts then pull down the Wi-Fi options and check if it’s working correctly or not? If the Wi-Fi menu not showing No hardware installed or no longer X is visible then everything is all right.
Else if it is showing Wi-Fi: no hardware installed on Sierra or Wi-Fi: no hardware installed on Catalina 10.15 then continues to fix next.
The process to reset SMC differs with the models so kindly double-check the model of your Mac and MacBook before starting the process.
For New MacBook and MacBook Pro models with internal batteries
If your MacBook contains a non-removable battery then here’s how to reset SMC,
- Step #1: Shut down the MacBook.
- Step #2: Connect the MagSafe power cable to the MacBook and let the charging begin.
- Step #3: Next, hold the “Shift+Control+Options+Power” button altogether for 5 seconds and release them.
- Step #4: Boot up the MacBook.
Now, check whether X is there or not in the Wi-Fi menu, probably it should work.
Older MacBook models with the removable battery
- Step #1: Turn off the MacBook.
- Step #2: Remove the battery from MacBook.
- Step #3: Remove the power cable.
- Step #4: Press and hold the “Power button” for five seconds and release it.
- Step #5: Fit the battery in MacBook and boot up the MacBook.
For Mac Mini, Mac Pro, and iMac
- Step #1: Shut down the Mac and remove the power cable.
- Step #2: Hold down the “Power button” for 5 seconds.
- Step #3: Release the “Power key” and then plug the power cable and boot up the Mac.
You are facing Wi-Fi: no hardware installed in Mac?: Catalina wifi no hardware installed
Let me give some possibilities of this Weird Error,
- Physical hardware issue with Mac.
- Maybe the Network card is failed or disconnected or manually removed from the system.
- Liquid damage to the MacBook can result in this Error.
- Other damage
After trying the about solutions for the Wi-Fi: no hardware installed on Mac, isn’t disappearing then there might not be any software issue.
So lastly, you have to visit Apple Store, and they will help you to fix Wi-Fi no hardware installed on MacBook macOS Monterey.