Table of Contents Show
We need to Create, Rename, Move or Delete a folder to easily manage all the files and documents on all gadgets. New Files app in new iOS comes with tens of all useful features. Let’s see one of them, create a New Folder in Files app on iPhone and iPad with iOS. Use These Two different methods to create a Folder on Files app on the iPhone and iPad. The first is to Swipe your finder down to show the New Folder creation option (Cute Folder Name Ideas), and the second method will show using Force touch on File’s app black space to enable on-screen options like create a new folder.
Here I show how to create a new folder in the hierarchical format (Folder in a folder) or Parent/Main folder.
Steps How to Make Folders iPhone Files Application
Follow The Steps Carefully;
- Go to the Files app on iPhone or iPad
- Files app only able to create a folder in the own file system (Not in a third-party app like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Amazon Drive, Google Drive, and Other).
- Go to the iCloud Drive or “On My iPhone”/ “On My iPad” under the Files app’s Browse tab.
- [Update: Click on More (…) option, Because in New Files app update Folder is replaced with more option, Now Select new Folder from popup]
Older iOS /iPadOS Files App
- Swipe down using finer on Files app, to see the active view in extra settings or option for Create a folder, Sorted by filter, File and Folder view.
- Tap on Folder with the + icon.
- Give the correct folder name and save it.
- Now we can move multiple files and Documents at once by select multiple select radio options.
- This trick is helpful to create a folder inside the nested folder, iCloud Drive, Third-Party External Drive, Or Other Apps like Dropbox, Google Drive.
Method 2: Some iOS users unable to find this option, And Helpful and quick
- just like other apps, Touch and Hold on black space to show the folder options. Below the screen shows that I found on my iPhone Files app.
Extra Dose: Quick Overview on Rename Folder or Add Folder Tag
Press and Hold on document icon or Folder icon that you want to rename, See the screen below.
Type a folder name and Press Done to save it.
To Delete folder,
To delete folder long press and hold on folder icon until you see hover strip options. Tap on the Right arrow icon to see more options. Tap on Delete.
Or Tap on select from the top right corner of the screen, Choose folders then Tap on Delete from the bottom tab.
Newly created folders easily find using a tag. I would like to recommend using tags. That’s the help to manage large data easily and correctly.