With the iOS 16.4 update, you can easily create an iPhone lock screen shortcut in no time. As a result, it becomes easier to lock the iPhone with a handy shortcut. Times when you have to press the physical button to turn off the iPhone’s screen, this feature will work for you. So, if you want to know how to create and use an iPhone lock screen shortcut, this guide is for you!
Here’s the step-by-step guide to create and use lock screen shortcut on your iPhone.
Steps to create and use the iPhone lock screen shortcut
- Access the Shortcut App on your iPhone.
- Tap + Icon located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Add Action Button.
- Search and type “Lock Screen” right in the search bar located on the card.
- After this, hit the Lock Screen option.
- If you’re willing to create a Home Screen Button, select Share Icon at the bottom.
- Tap Add to Home Screen; alternatively, select Done to finish the new shortcut.
- Now you can give name of the shortcut (for example, Lock button), as well as tap on the icon to change the shortcut icon.
- After all, tap on Add
- So, finally, you can see the lock button shortcut on your phone home screen.
Once you’ve performed the abovementioned steps, you’ll have a basic lock screen tappable shortcut on your iPhone’s home screen.
Let’s tap on it to lock your phone without pressing the physical power button.
Using shortcuts right from the lock screen has made our lives more easier. If there’s a frequent shortcut you use, adding a lock screen shortcut is always on to go.