Last Updated on Nov 10, 2020
Not a single person with a smartphone, have a picture that he/she doesn’t want to hide from others. It can be anything from private paperwork to their own photos or videos that nobody should see. In this tutorial, we have shown you the best ways to hide photos from the iPhone camera roll. iOS is now capable to do so many things, you don’t need to download the heavy application to hide photos on iPhone as the Photos app does have built-in features to hide videos and photos from the camera roll on iPhone.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Make your private photos hidden from your iOS device’s photos app without jailbreak device. After that, you can export or save back into the camera app. Without ant technical knowledge you can hide photos on iPhone camera roll and Video as well. Not only from your Camera roll but also from Selfies, Favorites, Panoramas, Videos, Slo-mo, and another Third-party application folder that is showing inside photos app; Dropbox, Xender and any other.
Useful: How to turn on the camera without an open lock on iPhone & iPad screen.
How to Hide Photos from iPhone Camera Roll
To hide photos on iPhone, there’s a default way and it can also be done with the help of third-party applications. We have mentioned both, in this article, follow the one which suits you.
How to Hide Photos from iPhone Camera Roll-Without Third-Party Application
Apple’s latest iOS provides the easiest way to hide your photos from iPhone’s camera roll, without using any third-party application.
- Go to the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Choose the Photo/Video to hide from the camera roll.
- Tap on the Share button.
- Scroll and select Hide.
Moreover, you can select multiple photos right from the share screen.
If you are looking to hide Photos in bulk from the camera roll, then check out the procedure to do so,
- Launch the Photos app on the iPhone/iOS device.
- Open the Album, to select the photos.
- Tap on Select, at the top-right corner.
- Now, make a selection of photos that you want to hide from the Photos app on the iPhone.
- Tap on the Share icon and choose Hide.
Hide Hidden Album on iPhone, iPad [Only for iOS 14/iPadOS 14 or later]
After hiding the photos and videos, anyone can see that you’ve hidden the photos and videos, by navigating through the Hidden Album. However, now that time has gone for iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 users. Here’s how to hide the Hidden Album on iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Swipe down to the Photos app.
- Again scroll to the Hidden Album.
- Turn Off the Hidden Album button, to hide the Hidden Album from the Photos app.
How to Hide Photos from Camera Roll -With Third-party application (Private Photo Vault-Pic Safe)
Here, is the great app for hiding Photos/Videos on the iOS device running the latest firmware.
- Step 1: Download the Private Photo Vault app on your device and Launch it.
- Step 2: Follow the onscreen instruction during setup and allow access to your iPhone’s camera roll. This is how we can give Read and Write permission to Photos Vault app, Setting > Privacy > Photos > Photos Vault > Select Read and Write.Allow Photo Vault to Access Photos from iPhone
- Step 3: Next, Tap on the Album, and Add the first album.
- Step 4: Now you can choose multiple photos, Video at once and encrypt or move into Private Photo Vault. So this app will care for your all media file securely with password protected.
Later if you want the photos or videos back in the camera roll, then follow how to export photos stored in Photo Vault app to iPhone Camera Roll,
- Tap on Edit > Select Photos > Export
After Export, Still you can show inside the app, now you can delete it or keep inside.
Such a great app and easy user interface make this app #1 in Hiding photos on iPhone camera roll or other folders from photos app.
Also, share your experience with us related to these useful tips or any alternative solution.
Genius Bar Reservation Get Free Apple Support. 🙏